biking europe

245T

Reaction score
has anyone round ere cycled in europe at all? if u hav, recommend me some spots or routes to follow, all i know now is im going east of france, so germany, norway, eastern europe, holland ect anywhere. im going in about 3 days so its a pretty open scedule, if anyone wants to join me that would be mean too. its mixed with some hitching and trains when im sick of riding, so any help would be good. im guna be in europe for 5 months so dont worry if u see this later than 3 days. im just 'camping' and couch surfing so it doesnt matter if routes are out in the wops
cheers

Post edited by: 245T, at: 2007/05/15 04:04

jbilton1

Reaction score
Going to Europe on the 23rd March and looking to meet with others out there. Planning on couchsurfing, squatting, hitchin' and skipping my way around. One word of advice, after 4 days of cycling at least 35 miles a day, you will be sick of cycling! I did a week cycling trip, with three friends when I was 14, round England and by the last day I could have killed that bike! My arse hurt so much! but, definitly go for it anyway! Also, are you registered on couchsurfing, cos my username is jbilton1, if you want to look me up!

lilylove

Reaction score
Europe is perfect for cycling! I bummed around by bike from the netherlands to albania and back to spain, and couldn't recommend it more... it was beautiful. A cure for a sore ass is a good saddle, or gel padding or bike shorts (urgh!) or just keep on riding, it'll cure itself :)

I also did a decent amount of hitchBiking, with a fully loaded touring bike, and even with the little european compact cars, had no trouble. True, most of the rides ended up being from truckies, but also got plenty from smaller cars, and it was almost EASIER than without a bike. THey all thought it was broken (i took off front and rear wheel) so would stop within minutes.

jbilton, for skipping in europe check out www.skippingwaste.trashwiki.org

happy travels!

Reactions: Kabukimono

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads