Big Manly Beach - Whangaparoa, NZ

TayNZ

Kiwi Vagabond
Reaction score
Down the South Eastern corner of the beach is a Public Toilet, Changing room and Shower. Good space for freedom camping. The road is treating me well so far.
20190502_121544.jpg
20190502_115117.jpg

TayNZ

Kiwi Vagabond
Reaction score
dope, looks like Isla Grande de Chiloe.

do you swim in that? or is it way too cold?

You can defenitely swim here in the summer and on warm days. Theres people out sailing and boating now. Its getting a bit colder now but all the beaches around here fill up with people when its warm.
I want to go for a swim but dont have the time to deal with salty wet clothes right now.

• Useful
Reactions: roughdraft

TayNZ

Kiwi Vagabond
Reaction score
Theres none along the Beachfront, just pohutukawa trees. I do spy a couple Nikaus on the hill but they are amongst houses so cant get a good photo of those. There doesn't seem to be any others around. Where I plan on getting tomorrow there's heaps so I'll snap a couple photos when I see some!

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
On my top 10, no my number one listing on bucket list is new zealand. Not going to happen for a few years but I shall make it. Lovely!

• Love It
Reactions: TayNZ

TayNZ

Kiwi Vagabond
Reaction score

TayNZ

Kiwi Vagabond
Reaction score
You really know your trees!

TayNZ

Kiwi Vagabond
Reaction score
Know this threads a little bit old, but TayNZ or anyone else, have use been to Whangarei?

Haven't stayed there for any length of time but passed through a couple times. Why do you ask?

Reactions: WyldLyfe

WyldLyfe

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
Haven't stayed there for any length of time but passed through a couple times. Why do you ask?

Was interested to see what ppl had to share about it, any helpful info about the place really, (yes i know there's google) or about traveling there from auckland. But it's all good.

Last edited:
Reactions: TayNZ

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads