Photos Big Bend National Park

ntdxc1878

Reaction score
StP, this place is incredible. I had a chance to make it out there a couple weeks ago. It is absolutely beautiful.

The coolest thing about Big Bend is that it is basically a giant mountain range that sprung up in the middle of the desert, with forests and rivers all around. It is an incredible place to go. If your into hiking, Emory Peak, the South Rim, and Lost Mine Trail are really great options. There are also really short canyon hikes that are beautiful and the water of the Rio Grande feels great. Check out Boquillas Canyon and Santa Elena canyon. In truth, you really can't go wrong either way, I love this place!

It's right near the border of Mexico, about a 7 hour drive from Dallas, so if you don't have wheels it may be tough to make it there because not a lot of people are going to be picking up hitchhikers.

The sunset route actually runs pretty close to the park. I saw an IM going through the Marathon, the closest town to the park. Pretty sure it doesn't stop, but I could be wrong there.

Anyway, thought I'd attach some pictures I took:

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
wow that is awesome! Thanks!

brando

travelling through time and space
Reaction score
Should be there by Tuesday!!! Doubtful I'll be able to top these pics, but I'm super stoked. Been way too long since I've spent time in any national parks.

awboat

Reaction score
Big Bend is one of my favorite places in the world. I lived in Boquillas back in the 80's and worked as a river guide. The hot spring near Rio Grande Village is great if it isn't filled up with mud. We are planning on going there is a couple of weeks and drive the River Road. Terlingua is a cool town too.

NewMexicoJim

High mileage, good condition.
Reaction score
Best place in Texas. I lived in the park in the 70s and again in the 80s. Back then, it was virtually unknown. Well worth a trip. Spring Break can be crowded but there is primitive camping if the campgrounds are full. Have fun!

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads