Best/Worst Truck Stops

Angela

Wandering But Not Lost Yet
Reaction score
I've always had good luck at the truck stops I mentioned in my earlier post but maybe I should have mentioned the fact that I don't exactly look like a "dirty kid" at least not most of the time. A stop through a truck stops showers and laundromat first can do wonders for your chances of not getting profiled and having the cops called immediately.

derailed

Reaction score
The North-South truckstop in Eagle Pass, Texas was like being dropped into hell. Right on the border, no US citizens, everybody wondering what the fuck you're doing there, border patrol everywhere. None of us had ID, and none of the truckers would take us because we had no identification to go thru the INS checkpoints with. ughh that was a terrible week.

LeeevinKansas

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
Im really not a fan of truckstops as far as hitching a ride is because most of the truckers have company policys and gay shit like that about picking up hitchhikers. but they are good for spangin and dumpster divin. :)

TA's suck imo. ive never had any luck there. Flying J's suck too imo. Love's arent too bad. I was at a loves on I135 I believe South of wichita in kansas, and the clerk was cool and gave me free coffee. I think as far as getting a ride out of truck stops its a waste of time. you get hassled too much at least i do. but if u find a gas station like a conoco or somethin next to an on ramp you tend to have better luck.

hands down easiest way to get a ride is on the on ramp. i rarely hang around truck stops.

stanktank

Reaction score
Word, I usually chill on the ramp. But truckstops are cool to get outta the elements. I'm pretty cool with loves. I've gotten mad kickdowns there. One dude gave me like twelve gatorades, bunch o cash too. Tight. Plus the ramp was like a fuckin bus stop, like six ppl tryin to catch rides so they said I could chill as long as I want. Fuck QT though. Absolute dicks everytime

LeeevinKansas

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
Word, I usually chill on the ramp. But truckstops are cool to get outta the elements. I'm pretty cool with loves. I've gotten mad kickdowns there. One dude gave me like twelve gatorades, bunch o cash too. Tight. Plus the ramp was like a fuckin bus stop, like six ppl tryin to catch rides so they said I could chill as long as I want. Fuck QT though. Absolute dicks everytime

i honestly havent seen any qts on the interstates

stanktank

Reaction score
Nah, I don't think they're too common. And thank god for that. Mostly in city/suburban kinda areas I feel like. I'm thinkin of one in pheonix, az, On I 10 out west, and I ran across a few down here in Atlanta. But no, not in the middle of bumfuck nowhere if that's what ya mean.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads