Best Steel Toes Yet! | Squat the Planet

Best Steel Toes Yet!

Applelatchun

Reaction score
I have had many steel toe boots over the years including the top premium brands such as Red Wings and Rocky, as well as the more economical ones from Wal-Mart like the Herman Survivors, which in my opinion were the best all-around work boot on the market, considering wear and tear and price. Back in September 2016, I got these as a suggestion from a sales person as being the most-bought steel toe shoe (recently) for factory workers. Considering the time these people put in working (8-12 / Hr shifts) all while standing on concrete, I thought, why not? I wanted to get some steel toe boots/shoes that would be light in the bag or even on my feet through the thickets and such, and of course for the times that I will be working for cash money when steel toes are required. I am very, very impressed with these shoes! I have these and a pair of new balance that I used to really like, but these Timberland steel toe SHOES are so much more comfortable. I gave the New Balance's away to a homeless fellow in Knoxville and haven't looked back. Granted, every one has a particular foot and feel, but I can't imagine anyone being disappointed with these. Pictures below show thickness of the sole, bottoms and the look. I've walked many days (some 15 hr +) wearing without hardly any foot fatigue. These are a little on the pricey side ($90), but I really wanted them and am glad I bought 'em!
212.jpg
211.jpg
203.jpg

Reactions: Haystack and autumn
K

kokomojoe

For $90 that's pretty good if they last that long. I had some Dickies steel toe boots and those things fucking sucked. Forget how much they cost but think it was $40-60. Walking in them wore your legs out real quick, plus I didn't have them all that long and barely wore them very often either yet the soles still had highly visible wear to them. Personally, I'm not big on steel toes if I'm going to be doing a lot of walking. Right now I have some Wolverine boots I got at Rural King that are still doing me pretty well. Heard good things about Carolina logger boots, might try them or Rocky's next.

Applelatchun

Reaction score
These are by far the most comfortable steel toes I've ever owned. As I mentioned above, I gave my walking shoes (NB) away to lighten the load just because I felt easy walking in these things. Brought it up in the forum because I have read where guys are sometimes looking for a work boot to get those day labor jobs and what not. Anyhow, tread lightly my friend.

K

kokomojoe

These are by far the most comfortable steel toes I've ever owned. As I mentioned above, I gave my walking shoes (NB) away to lighten the load just because I felt easy walking in these things. Brought it up in the forum because I have read where guys are sometimes looking for a work boot to get those day labor jobs and what not. Anyhow, tread lightly my friend.
Yeah if I ever need steel toes I'll definitely look into these for sure.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads