Best buy/sprint prepaid smartphone deal | Squat the Planet

Best buy/sprint prepaid smartphone deal

dyingslowlyeveryday

Reaction score

Desperado Deluxe

Reaction score
I have a pay as you go basically just buy one of those phone cards at most grocery/convenience stores put the pin in your phone and you month starts. Of course when you start up you'll have to put in a place of residence easily made up (use a friend or family's) just so the phone is linked to an area code. Pretty sure I saw sprint cards in there last time I was in.
I have a virgin mobile with grandfather clause $25 a mo. 300 min unlm. Txt & data. To get the same plan now is $35. I use a phone app so its basically like unlimited everything.

dyingslowlyeveryday

Reaction score
I found out today Sprint Prepaid has hard data caps. So if I use up 3gb of my 3gb plan, all data goes off, and I then have to pay for more, $10/1gb.

So I think I'll be switching to boost or t-mobile next month, or figure out how to watch less youtube.

lone wolf

Reaction score
i'm still living in the 1900's. my cell doesn't even have a camera.
can you use them for free anywhere that has free wifi?
do these phones basically replace my laptop?

sry for the noob questions, i just want to replace my laptop if i can use for free at mcd's or wherever

dyingslowlyeveryday

Reaction score
can you use them for free anywhere that has free wifi?
do these phones basically replace my laptop?
1) yes
2) maybe. no if you play games or like having a large screen for movies (although if you dropped ~$400, these reasons would be less crucial). yes if you just browse internets, IM, youtube, office work (sort of).

but then if just relying on wifi for a phone (no service), a laptop only sucks for battery and portability. imo.

Reactions: lone wolf

lone wolf

Reaction score
1) yes
2) maybe. no if you play games or like having a large screen for movies (although if you dropped ~$400, these reasons would be less crucial). yes if you just browse internets, IM, youtube, office work (sort of).

but then if just relying on wifi for a phone (no service), a laptop only sucks for battery and portability. imo.
thx 4 the info. yeah, all i need is email, StP, YT and google maps. if i can do all that with a $40 cell then this heavy laptop is gonna be forsale asap.

wokofshame

Reaction score
Website
www.weather.gov
I have an Access Wireless Obamaphone. One of the few companies offering Lifeline service with a free smartphone.
Fill out a form, prove you're poor, and voila!

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads