Best boots for walk long distances

Bibs

Reaction score
Depending on your monetary situation you may have a few options:

1. Whites boot co., anything by whites is of the highest quality but they're also the most expensive easily 300+ for a fitted pair of boots but they last forever and have a lifetime guarantee with unlimited replacements.

2. RedWings, used to be the top of the line in workwear before they outsourced but there are still a few cobblers who handmake their boots and shoes in the states.

3. Belleville canopy boots, ime these are the best boots ever made, if you can find an authentic pair in decent condition you've won at life and won't need new boots ever again

If you're wearing boots all the time tho definitely stop more often to change your socks and air out your feet. Having some sandals on hand can offset the lack of socks if you remember to change your footwear every few hours but it's tedious to say the least.

Joey Garbanzo

Muscle of the DiPinto Crime Family
Reaction score
What about jungle boots and military boots

If that's what ya got or what you have access to then lace them up and get going. Replace them when they get too worn out. Rinse and repeat. I usually wear whatever work boots I can get my hands on. But I wouldn't want to be wearing jungle boots in New York winters...or any real snow for that matter.

texastraveler

Reaction score
I had a pair of these once, and at the time we were made to walk pretty much all day. They held up to years of heavy use and they're pretty comfortable in warm weather
Screenshot_20231221-132522_Chrome.jpg

Bibs

Reaction score
What about jungle boots and military boots

My bad i should've clarified, canopy boot is just a different name for jungle boot. As far a modern military boots go I really don't have much knowledge about em other than the shit my brother sent me from his tours in the late 90s which I'd hardly call modern nowadays. Good luck though my dude I'm sure you'll find a pair that suits you.

Reactions: Theturk47

bird

Reaction score
I’ve had the same pair of Danner Tachyon 8” Black GTX boots for years now. They’re a desert (hot weather) military boot design but the ones I got are for like SWAT use or something. They are super lightweight like a tennis shoe but also covered in gor-tex and waterproof up to the ankle.

Brand new they are expensive and I don’t even know if they make them with the gor-tex anymore but you can find them used for a lot cheaper.

Colinleath

Reaction score
Website
colinleath.github.io
If you're up for a challenge try Xeroshoes. There's definitely a learning curve though. I've never used a boot version, just the Huaraches. Long distances in warm weather, but you need to know how to fix them and your feet and learn to walk differently as well.

Reactions: Ynwdwndrr

Groundscore

Reaction score
Danner boots are some of the best you can buy, but they aren't cheap! They are VERY well made, extremely comfortable, and very durable. No matter what boots you get, also get some thin socks, put those on, then put on your regular socks. You'll get few, if any blisters ever again.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads