Been awhile!

• Thread starter Deleted member 7149
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 7149

Hey Folks, It's been quite awhile since I've been on here. Just checkin' things out and sayin' "HI"! I've been busy Preppin' & Survivin'. Gettin' the homestead ready for winter. Life is great here in the woods! For all who are travelin'... Stay safe and be prepared!!

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
Well hello there - I am a pre-prepper. hehe. I got my Mom and I going on a "what if" situation - using the one time where in 1991 we had a horrible ice storm and were without power, etc for 2 weeks (actually the news station did a thing using Dr. Suess - and called it the "Haves and Have Nots" as half the street at least had power and the other side did not - I was in FL at the time and Mom got up and drove her car to work RIDING OVER SIDEWALKS as trees were down on the city streets - Mom was um in her late 60's or 70's at the time sheesh!) so that's how I eased her into why she needs this stuff - soups and water and TP and blankets and batteries/candles etc and have it available and what not.

I maintain that same 2 week minimum with more in storage. Especially kitty litter. I have probably 6months worth in the attic as well as dry food. and even more water for them. You on any of the conspiracy sites? There are some hard core preppers out there - including maintaining a fish/greenery hydroponic area etc.

What do you have? :)

creature

plastic wingnut in a microwave
Banned
Reaction score
yah, yah, tude..!!

i remember that storm!!
3 days of it, i believe..

& then there was '97, i think, which saw two really bad ones back to back within a week of each other..

you know.. whenever i talk to folks about worst case scenarios, everyone talks about the vague plans they have in the back of their heads, or how well they're going to be able to deal with things, or ramble on about why things are so fucked up & "man, i can't wait!!", but when i ask them "what is the single most important skill you had better have, if it happens?" the answers are always like "being able to start a fire!" "being able to live in the woods!!" "being able to shoot!!" blah blah blah blah blah...

the *single* most important skill you need, if shit *really* goes all to hell, is"
How To Find Water

if you can't do that own your own, reliably, you are *fucked*, if you are on your own.

also... GET THE FUCK AWAY FROM CITIES!!!!

learn how to find water, then learn how to hide, & then learn what plants you can eat.

when the cities go, you will have about 92 hours after the completion of the main looting before you have to worry about whether or not you are going to become a consumable in the process of the food chain.

no fkng kidding.

it is unlikely the collapse will be sudden & catastrophic, because the slaveholders need slaves, & barring a determined *idealistic* revolution, they will do their damnedest to keep us peacefull..

the .05% have a lot to fucking lose.

there are emergency rations, for sure.
just like you said.

keep them ready for the ordinary earthquake, blizzard, gargantuan lightning storm, etc., *but keep them portable, also*...
with common sense & a good network of friends & some basic guts & courage, they may very well see you through until the dust clears...

but *everybody*:

know how TO Find Your Fucking Water...

i dunno who has ever gone 36 hours without H2O in the middle of a dry, +90 summer, but i tried it, once..
i dinna quite make it through the 1st half of the second day.
i have felt pain, & the only thing thirst is similar to, at that point, is a bad fucking abscess of a tooth, but instead of a nail in your fucking jaw, it is literally, literally, literally equivalent to a fire burning in your chest..

& nothing more is wrong with you, than that you do not have water.

& i was.. 22? when i tried that?

the memory was burning, too...

anyways..
just saw yer response to Recordman, Tude, & it got me to thinking..

hopefully humanity gets its shit together, but if not?

i am gonna be among the 1%, ya know what i mean..?

jn

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads