bed bug relief - lemonzzzz | Squat the Planet

bed bug relief - lemonzzzz

M

muff cabbage

Yo so I stayed at my friends factory and got a few bites. Luckily no hitchhiking bedbugs caught a ride on my clothes.

My coworker recommended rubbing bites with a slice of lemon cuz it's an antibacterial. It relieved the swelling and the pain / itch pretty fast.

I was like wtf how do you know this and he was like cuz I'm Mexican lmao.

Hope the helps.
When life gives ya lemons..

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
oh geez - there was article or post the other day that stated their transit bus system had bedbugs. I ride bus everyday and do quick visual on seats looking for wetness, food and things stuck on there but bed bugs. ugh. don't want them.

ha - several years ago I'm standing at bus shelter and kid was there - he was homeless and sleeping at shelters - raised up his t shirt suddenly and picked off a bed bug and squished it - and he had all sorts of red bumps on his stomach. OUCH.

Thanks for the lemon help, but man I don't want to have to use it. ;)

roughdraft

Reaction score
that's very fucking smart

not to be off topic but...this reminds me of how I've seen people 'proofing' a grill with a halved onion before cooking

say what you feel but i reckon it's a lot wiser than a metal brush

Ezra Fyre

Reaction score
If you/friends find you have them ...

Mixed up a spray, kills em before I could count to 20... Aka, kills on contract.

Almond soap... I used Dr. Bronner's & Bleach, mixed with water & then sprayed.
... Lil home bug-killer does have bleach - but it kills quick! So, bleach can be rinsed out/off almost right away ...

Oil base being the important aspect of the soap i choose.... Spearmint oil, tea tree oil, etc - would likely have worked out too, if mixed with an alcohol vs. water...
But oil soap is what I had, & things could use soap... So it's what I went with.
(photo of soap included, as many have seen it - but may or may not know the name)
20180928_034525.jpg

Desperado Deluxe

Reaction score
Baking soda!! Wash with it. You can also clean a mattress with it by mixing essential oils into it and spread it onto a matress and put a plastic sheet over it. Vacuum it up afterwards if you can.

Frypan Meatboots

Reaction score
Yo so I stayed at my friends factory and got a few bites. Luckily no hitchhiking bedbugs caught a ride on my clothes.

My coworker recommended rubbing bites with a slice of lemon cuz it's an antibacterial. It relieved the swelling and the pain / itch pretty fast.

I was like wtf how do you know this and he was like cuz I'm Mexican lmao.

Hope the helps.
When life gives ya lemons..
Put all your shit in the dryer for at least 30 min to kill them and bathe then don't let them into your shit again.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads