backpacks for body types? | Squat the Planet

backpacks for body types?

lungfish

Reaction score
Website
www.spider-sprout.tumblr.com
hello!
I'm lookin' to get a good pack for a trip south this spring... but the ones I have around are kind of enormous and impractical as all get out. i was wondering if anyone knows of a good pack for smaller people? i'm 5'3 and 105 pounds. sorry if this is a silly question, I just don't wanna get caught with a shitty pack. we'll mostly be hitching and trainhopping. thanks!

mj27

Reaction score
i have a mini alice pack... i love it. mines got a frame, but without it it weighs nearly nothing and still is comfortable.

Teko

rooted
StP Supporter
Reaction score
http://www.tinytrekker.com/item/22621311/Kelty-Junior-Tioga-34-Pack/1.html
its a good pack, basically a really fancy alice pack. but kelty makes gear for the military so its good shit, plus ive had a different kelty pack for a long time now and have abused the ever living shit out of it, all while still maintaining great condition. basically kelty packs are that dope shit.

Vonuist

Reaction score
Website
trashwiki.org
I've got a Karrimor Sabre SF45 with side packs, it's a good sized pack, well made and has back support without a heavy internal frame, it's the best pack I've had. I have to stow my tarp underneath because of space issues but it's proved real versatile and I'd really recommend it.
I am a tiny, tiny man, not much bigger than a 14 year old boy and it's been a good sized pack for me. :)
<---------In fact, you can slightly see it in the photo on the left.

http://www.karrimorsf.com/sabre/item/68-sabre-45.html

CrisM

Reaction score
Yes, same problem here. I too posted about advice on packs for smaller people. I have run into a lot of packs I like and fit in some ways but fail in shoulder width and I keep having to pull the straps as tight as they go on everything to make them fit.
I recommend going into some stores that sell backpacks and get information on torso length and some brands that tend to fit better for smaller framed people. Some employees tend to be able to give some good advice on what would be helpful. I keep getting frustrated because of this issue and have been told that they will have wider selection when it gets closer to spring.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads