backpacks for body types? (1 Viewer)

lungfish

Lurker
Website
www.spider-sprout.tumblr.com
hello!
I'm lookin' to get a good pack for a trip south this spring... but the ones I have around are kind of enormous and impractical as all get out. i was wondering if anyone knows of a good pack for smaller people? i'm 5'3 and 105 pounds. sorry if this is a silly question, I just don't wanna get caught with a shitty pack. we'll mostly be hitching and trainhopping. thanks!

Click here to buy one of our amazing custom bandanas!

mj27

Lurker
i have a mini alice pack... i love it. mines got a frame, but without it it weighs nearly nothing and still is comfortable.

Vonuist

Wanderer
Website
trashwiki.org
I've got a Karrimor Sabre SF45 with side packs, it's a good sized pack, well made and has back support without a heavy internal frame, it's the best pack I've had. I have to stow my tarp underneath because of space issues but it's proved real versatile and I'd really recommend it.
I am a tiny, tiny man, not much bigger than a 14 year old boy and it's been a good sized pack for me. :)
<---------In fact, you can slightly see it in the photo on the left.

http://www.karrimorsf.com/sabre/item/68-sabre-45.html

CrisM

Yes, same problem here. I too posted about advice on packs for smaller people. I have run into a lot of packs I like and fit in some ways but fail in shoulder width and I keep having to pull the straps as tight as they go on everything to make them fit.
I recommend going into some stores that sell backpacks and get information on torso length and some brands that tend to fit better for smaller framed people. Some employees tend to be able to give some good advice on what would be helpful. I keep getting frustrated because of this issue and have been told that they will have wider selection when it gets closer to spring.

Users who are viewing this thread

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$35.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $35.00 of $50.00
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $35.00 of $75.00
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully this will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $35.00 of $100.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $35.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.