Back pack tool kits. | Squat the Planet

Back pack tool kits.

Strangeandsolo

Reaction score
For those who tinker and toil. For infiltration and exfiltration what the hell even emergency situations! I show you my tool kit!
20181024_211048.jpg
2 inch vise grips. Lil crescent. Razor knife. Multi tool. Fero fire stick. pencil. Water key. Multi screwdriver. Magnifying glass. Looking to find ideas to add to it.I hate this heavy lil pouch. I hate it it sucks carrying it and not needing it much. It sucks when it pokes me in the back or when it smacks your hand while you dig in the bottom of the back pack and find it 3 x when your looking for a damn flash light. But when i have needed it it was the best. So whats in your tool pouch?

Tony Pro

Reaction score
Website
gavincwillow.wordpress.com
I'm terrible at packing light, but holy hell I would never hump a pair of vice grips and a spanner around the country! Granted it's essential to have a tool for undoing nuts and bolts, but I make do with my leatherman for that.
Besides the leatherman I just carry a hacksaw blade and folding saw.

Reactions: Crazy Hobo Johnny

Crazy Hobo Johnny

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Here's my tools:
Bicycle tools and inner tube repair kit, LED headlamp, work gloves, wrenches, duct and electrical tape, single razor blade, 3 multi-tools and box cutter and 2 flashlights, folding knife and multi-purpose utility knife.

Attachments

• IMG_20181025_075606.jpg
    IMG_20181025_075606.jpg
    498.4 KB · Views: 352
Last edited:

Strangeandsolo

Reaction score
I'm terrible at packing light, but holy hell I would never hump a pair of vice grips and a spanner around the country! Granted it's essential to have a tool for undoing nuts and bolts, but I make do with my leatherman for that.
Besides the leatherman I just carry a hacksaw blade and folding saw.
Hacksaw blade is awesome idea. 10 outa 10 i agree with hating the weight. But like i said the whole kit has helped a few times.

Strangeandsolo

Reaction score
Here's my tools:
Bicycle tools and inner tube repair kit, LED headlamp, work gloves, wrenches, duct and electrical tape, single razor blade, 3 multi-tools and box cutter and 2 flashlights, folding knife and multi-purpose utility knife.
I should add tapes too it at least a strip of each wrapped around something. Thanks for sharing

Reactions: Crazy Hobo Johnny

CaptainCassius

Reaction score
Really depends on what work you intend on needing the tools for, but anyways, a little tip for organizing loose wrenches is to slide sets of them onto carabiners- you can even get different colored ones for easy identification of metric and imperial!
Ok that's enough Martha Stewart advice for today.

Antlered

Reaction score
I used to make a "hobo keychain" of sorts, using the different keychain tools. They were small, light, and got enough of the basics done. I have since outgrown the keychain tools for most tasks.

Let's see what all I carry on my body.
SOG Multitool, 6" Crecent wrench with jaws wide enough for a 1" bolt. 4" vicegrips with needle nose jaws. I have a razor knife, a set of earplugs, a small flashlight. I have a couple of flashdrives, pen, marker. Is it heavy? Yeah. Has each and every piece of that been used multiple times in a day? Yes. Everyday? No. Would I feel naked without it? Likely for a while.

train in vain

Reaction score
Small pliers, folding saw, razor knife, i used to wrap tape around my hotsauce bottle, sewing needles and scissors. Not tools but i usually have extra boot laces and stuff to use to patch pants or whatever needs patching and snag a couple of the plastic clip things for backpacks because they like to break.
Im contemplating carrying this 6pack sized cooleri keep my jewelry making tools/supplies in and maybe acquiring some sort of pliers that can cut a fence if i need to.
That folding saw gets a lot of use. Quickly create cutty camping spot where there were branches and bushes.

BusGypsy

Reaction score
I used to make a "hobo keychain" of sorts, using the different keychain tools. They were small, light, and got enough of the basics done. I have since outgrown the keychain tools for most tasks.
I thought I was the only one who has a giant keyring full of tools and odd ends and bits!

I'd say look into prepper forums and sites and do research. I carry firemaking tools, water filtration, a water key, keys for various toilet paper and paper towel dispensers, swiss army knives, etc.
A lot of things I carry I've learned about from this forum. check out older threads for ideas.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads