Aussie vagabond abroad in Canada and US | Squat the Planet

Aussie vagabond abroad in Canada and US

Swamp womp

Reaction score
Hey fellow travellers. Im an Australian traveller constantly afflicted with itchy feet. I've been travelling Australia, south east Asia, India and Europe the last 10 years and its finally time for me to check out the Americas. In Australia I usually live and travel in my van and make my living picking cherries and mangoes and planting trees. I spend the summers in Tasmania where I recently acquired a block of land in the countryside with an amazing box car from the early 1900s which I'm in the process of restoring to its original glory and eventually plan to live in it. I have also hitched the east coast of Australia and done a bit of freight hopping. In Asia and India I travel by motorbike where they are cheap to buy and no licence necessary. I have hitched through most of Europe and lived and worked there. It will be my first time in the Americas and I'm really interested in freight hopping around BC an the west coast of the US. There is quite an extensive rail network in Australia but not much of a "dirty kid/hobo" culture or culture of freight hopping. Ive been on the road for a while but freight hopping is relatively new to me. I'm touching down in Vancouver on the 14th of June and keen to meet up with freight hoppers and other travellers that live this lifestyle and may be able to give me some advice or share a leg of the journey.. I'll be kicking around BC in June/July and the west coast US in august/ September hopping, hitching and working my way around. I'm interested in abandoned spaces, street art and graffiti art, (Something I have never grown out of and still like to decorate a few walls wherever I travel), stick and poke tattooing, dumpster diving and travelling on a budget amongst other things. Perhaps our paths will cross sewhere along the road in the real world.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads