aspiring traveler - Seattle/Portland | Squat the Planet

aspiring traveler - Seattle/Portland

jimi

Reaction score
I'm jimi. I'm 19 and from Seattle, though I spend a lot of time drifting between here and Portland these days.

So I pretty much have no experience with anything. Traveling has been something I've wanted to do for most of my life, especially these last few years, but I've been held back by a job and responsibilites. I've recently come into a position where I can do, really, any old thing I'd like. And I've determined that what I've always -wanted- to do is what's best for me at this point in my life. So this is it. I'm finally going to go ahead and grow some balls and go for it. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, and please pardon any stupid questions I may ask while I learn the ropes~

I hope to meet some of you guys around sometime, and I'm always down for hanging out if you're in my general area. If you feel compelled to talk to me, please feel free. Here's hoping I make some good friends here~ :>

christianarchy

Reaction score
im in seattle too..and all the sudden can do whatever i want too...hell yeah, come hang out at food not bombs or something! or shoot some 35mm with me!
-christopher

jimi

Reaction score
Haha, thanks guys, I'll make sure to keep my common sense about me~

im in seattle too..and all the sudden can do whatever i want too...hell yeah, come hang out at food not bombs or something! or shoot some 35mm with me!
-christopher
Sure, sounds like fun. You do work there or just hang around for the food?

jimi

Reaction score
Widerstand said:
Also I can be found around the Portland/Seattle areas often but you shouldn't hangout with me unless you want your ears to bleed due to a lot of train talk.

Haha, but it seems like it might be a good way to pick up some useful tips!

backflip on to trains while texting your friends about the last train you where on, beleave me it works well.

p.s get a dog
Sounds easy enough~
Think I'll pass on the dog though.

christianarchy

Reaction score
Sure, sounds like fun. You do work there or just hang around for the food?

Saturdays at 2 at Victor Steinbrueck Park!
Won't be there this Saturday but other people will be.
I help cook and serve, we cook in Redmond if you ever want in!
-Christopher

jimi

Reaction score
Saturdays at 2 at Victor Steinbrueck Park!
Won't be there this Saturday but other people will be.
I help cook and serve, we cook in Redmond if you ever want in!
-Christopher
Aw, I'm going to be doing a bit of odd work this Saturday, unfortunately... And next week I'll be heading down to Portland. But I'll definately hit you up next time I'm back up here. It'd be great to pitch in, I love the fuck out of cooking.

christianarchy

Reaction score
word, i'm probably helping with sunday chapter this sunday, cooking at 2 at cascade people's center.
you go to school?
i'm at bellevue college.
-christopher

jimi

Reaction score
Hm, I'll check and see if I have anything going on Sunday. I'm doing work for the family, so you never know what they expect me to do without letting me know.

Naw, not right now. My college fund was all but depleted thanks to the tanking economy. Also, I don't have anything I'm passionate enough about to go back to school for at the moment. =/

christianarchy

Reaction score
I don't have anything I'm passionate enough about to go back to school for at the moment. =/
haha i know what you mean! that's why i'm taking photography, ceramics, film and the history of punk rock funded by the good ol state =)
headed to spokane tomorrow morning but i'll be at the cascade center sunday
maybe i'l see ya around soon! farewell!
-christopher

jimi

Reaction score
Sounds like a good lineup
Alright man, I'll try to make it Sunday~ Enjoy Spokane :>

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads