• Yeah fuckin do that shit

Votes: 7 87.5%
  • No it's a lost cause

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters
K

kokomojoe

I deleted myself
I was walking around earlier and had this idea hit me. I think I'm going to start traveling and find as many people possible who are homeless from foreclosures and take pictures of them and then send these photos to the banks that foreclosed on them. That way they can see the damaged lives. I'll probably try to make a book with their stories/photos. I know the banks don't give a shit about them but I think it could really open other people's eyes. Basically I'm just asking what you guys think of it. I'm going to do it regardless but if anyone wants to help or be a part of it that's cool too.

We sell all kinds of other stuff in our Etsy store!
As far as it actually doing anything to change what's happening...I say it's a 100% solid lost cause. Banks and those affiliated know exactly what they're doing and they don't give a single shit.

That aside...I think it's a super cool idea and would love the see the end result. Or at least some of what you collect once you get the ball rolling.
If you do it right, it seems like something with a lot of potential to turn out quite nicely.

crow

Hometown
Seattle, United States
I think it'd open peoples eyes to the true face of homelessness. People think all homeless are dirty, piss soaked winos, and drug addicts. But the reality is that many families and individuals are becoming homeless everyday, and you'd never know by looking at them. Let people know that they too are only a step away from being in the same position as the beggar in the parking lot, or the people in the shelters. Perhaps it would embide in them compassion, and understanding. Hell, might even get a donation fund started.

MFB

Wanderer
Hometown
CO
I was walking around earlier and had this idea hit me. I think I'm going to start traveling and find as many people possible who are homeless from foreclosures and take pictures of them and then send these photos to the banks that foreclosed on them. That way they can see the damaged lives. I'll probably try to make a book with their stories/photos. I know the banks don't give a shit about them but I think it could really open other people's eyes. Basically I'm just asking what you guys think of it. I'm going to do it regardless but if anyone wants to help or be a part of it that's cool too.
Dale Maharidge & Michael Williamson---you should take a look at some of the stuff these guys have done on the subject. They have a few books that are exactly what you describe; would be a great inspiration to your project to take a look at them. Maharidge writes poignant tales of of how people ended up where they are, and Williamson captures some photos that make thier subjects seem like they're staring right at youuuuuuu.
Good dudes with some idealistic values...take a look. :)

OP
K

kokomojoe

I deleted myself
Dale Maharidge & Michael Williamson---you should take a look at some of the stuff these guys have done on the subject. They have a few books that are exactly what you describe; would be a great inspiration to your project to take a look at them. Maharidge writes poignant tales of of how people ended up where they are, and Williamson captures some photos that make thier subjects seem like they're staring right at youuuuuuu.
Good dudes with some idealistic values...take a look. :)
hell yeah man, it's nice to know others have the same plane of thought

plagueship

Hometown
the desert
not clear to me what the point is - to feel sorry for 'lower-middle-class' types that have lost their footing? to create images of the decay of capitalism? to show that foreclosure is 'bad'?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$100.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $50.00 of $50.00 - reached!
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $75.00 of $75.00 - reached!
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully his will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $100.00 of $100.00 - reached!
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $100.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.

Latest Status Updates

Just found out my neighbor died. One day I'm helping him change his starter, the next he's gone. Just walked around inside his house. That would be the first time I have smelled death. The eeriest though was that the UPS guy still left him a package. PS He was a big John Wayne fan!! RIP Rick!
SIX10 wrote on Cussock's profile.
whatz your avatar from?? looks sick
Twin cities folks, anybody looking to go out, maintain a respectable distance, and explore something this Friday night?
Committed phone memory to two of these guys albums just last night, after not listening to them for years. Found out today that one of em died just two days prior.
They fathered ebm in 1981 -the same genre of industrial that NIN brought to the mainstream over 10 years later.

Dude thinks he's gonna "make a deal" with the virus.

It's like a virtual pact with *Satan*.👹 Maybe if he sacrifices all the helpless ones to the thing, the devil will just let him be? Let him keep his status, his presidency, his supporters?
Does anyone living away from a metropolitan area even know what a skunk smells like?
Welp after a alomst a decade of various travels I finally got settled for good in Cincy....two months later this shit happens an myself an all my friends r unemployed...I got April bills payed but if my work doesn't reopen by may...I'll cya kids on the road again.. apocalypticmaybe who knows, be safe my traveling family. Cya soon potentially

Members online

No members online now.