Anyone vagabonded Tenerife? (Spain - Canary Islands) | Squat the Planet

Anyone vagabonded Tenerife? (Spain - Canary Islands)

XtremXpert

Reaction score
Has anyone been in Tenerife vagabonding? If yes, can you give me few tips?
Are there places to camp for free? Is it hard to find some work? How about busking?

Komjaunimas

Reaction score
I personally haven't been there, but my friend spent there few months. So i'll try to recall what he said to me about it (it was 2 years ago ...)

You can camp in the mountains, there is some hippie guys who built shacks from scrap wood/metal and they are growing weed in there, you can prolly crash at their place if you find em.

There are alot of street artists, performers, buskers so you have to be orriginal.

Almost no dumpster diving possibilities, there were a collective of about ~15 people who would gather 100 eur and would pay them to a security guard in some big ass mall so that the guard would let them go inside the storage facitilties and dig thrue trash in there.

If you are going to be camping, be prepared for the rain, they get real storms in there.

Well thats all i can recall for now, i don't have any contacts of the friend at the moment, because he is squatting in London. But if i'll end up in London in March (im thinking about Manchester/Leeds ) i'll pay him a visit and ask some more if you'll still be in need of the information.

XtremXpert

Reaction score
Thanks Komjaunimas, good to know these, if you'll meet your friend ask him more about it (shoplifting, etc).
Anyway, I changed my mind before I read your answer so I'll go to Portugal in 2 weeks.
thanks

Komjaunimas

Reaction score
Ok i will, i think i'll be in Britain in 3-4 weeks cause shit will hit the fan for me sooner than i predicted :D

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads