Anyone know anything about crotch resizing?

watson

Reaction score
came across a pair of 5 dollar bibs today they fit great except the crotch is way to high gives me a wedgie on both sides... i was thinking just add a peice of fabric around crotch area but got no idea generally.

Reactions: Mankini

iamwhatiam

Burrito fund contributor
StP Supporter
Reaction score
lol...at first read the title, I thought you meant getting a penis-job....like akin to a boob job, but for penis. and no, sorry I don't have any experience with crotch resizing

Preacher

Reaction score
LOL, opened this up thinking I was going to be deleting a thread. ;) Yeah, if you've got the straps loosened all the way see what you can do to to get ?extenders? or sew on additional strapping. Fabric stores sell elastic up to at least 3" wide.

Last edited:
  • Useful
Reactions: watson

Antelope Bob

Soul Seeker
Reaction score
I think I can help with that, first step is to cut the seam from the crotch to about 4 inches down each leg, more if you think you need more room, the patch piece you will need will be diamond shaped <> sew it in. simple as that

watson

Reaction score
I think I can help with that, first step is to cut the seam from the crotch to about 4 inches down each leg, more if you think you need more room, the patch piece you will need will be diamond shaped <> sew it in. simple as that

i think i can kinda understand how to do this, il have to play with it alittle because 5 bucks is a steal for a pair of new bibs.

Antelope Bob

Soul Seeker
Reaction score
i think i can kinda understand how to do this, il have to play with it alittle because 5 bucks is a steal for a pair of new bibs.
Glad to be of help, helps if you have someone who can gauge how much of a piece you will need while you are wearing them, but if not take your time may take you a couple tries but i am sure you will get it.

Odin

ANTISOLIPSIST
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
5 bucks is a steal for new bibs. Damn.

Are these like insulated canvas type bibs?

Your gonna need a damn good needle and thread to stitch em?

Also...@Preacher ::meh:: renaming the thread throws off the funny from the previous comments. Eh?::woot::

Last edited:

watson

Reaction score
Bahahaha! Get a good plastic surgeon! ;) in all seriousness making the straps longer is probably the best way to go.
the only problem im seeing with loosening the straps all the way is the front of the bibs are alot lower then normal and the straps are somewhat loose around my shouldhers

Edit: Hashtag bib-problems

Preacher

Reaction score
@Odin Why I quoted in my post what it originally was. I see your point though and will put it back. I'm a smart-ass comedian too and it would rustle my jimmies if someone ruined my joke. No harm no foul. My brain glazed over 5 hours ago trying to catch up, lol. The crotches win! ::playful::

Last edited:

watson

Reaction score
@Odin Why I quoted in my post what it originally was. I see your point though and will put it back. I'm a smart-ass comedian too and it would rustle my jimmies if someone ruined my joke. No harm no foul. My brain glazed over 5 hours ago trying to catch up, lol. The crotches win! ::playful::
it really doesnt matter lol.

Hobo Huck

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.reddit.com
I KNOW EXACTLY WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT!

I had this exact same problem with my Dickies bibs that I got 2 months ago. It drove me absolutely fucking crazy. I extended the shoulder strap as long as they could go, but it still rode my crotch. I fixed this by extending my straps using carabiners. By attaching a carabiner to each of my straps, it gave me the extra 2 inches of length that I needed to fix the crotch space.

Reactions: Durp

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
@Hobo Huck - ha "carabiners" was trying to look that up - that term always slips by me. Good idea! Also was thinking strap extenders perhaps from a fabric store like Joanns or something. Oh and googling "strap extenders" got some good input and then someone with a naughty mind put something else in there as a code word. I do seem to find that stuff :p

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads