Anyone ever hitch hwy 20? (1 Viewer)

S

spectacular

I deleted myself
Experiences?

I'm in vegas right now. Gonna snowbird it on the 10/20. Some hale just fell out of the sky.

Last edited by a moderator:
We sell all kinds of other stuff in our Etsy store!
S

spectacular

I deleted myself
US 20? Runs from Oregon to Boston? I've done a whole bunch of it and it's a mixed bag. Or are you talking about highway 50?

The one I'm referring to breaks off from 10 in Texas

K

Kim Chee

I deleted myself
I don't think I hitched that stretch. But, If you're wondering if you can get rides, I'm sure you can even if there is only a trickle of traffic. For me, the biggest obstacles in getting rides were the dicks who patrolled the road I was hitching.

S

spectacular

I deleted myself
I don't think I hitched that stretch. But, If you're wondering if you can get rides, I'm sure you can even if there is only a trickle of traffic. For me, the biggest obstacles in getting rides were the dicks who patrolled the road I was hitching.
So they're sticklers in Texas?

K

Kim Chee

I deleted myself
So they're sticklers in Texas?

It has been many years since I've hitched. I don't remember any stupid cop vs hitching stuff there. I did get passed by a gazillion cars between rides though (I guess they are exempt from southern hospitality). The good thing is that big cities are far and few between and when you get a ride it is likely to go on for quite some distance. Be careful about shitty onramps (maybe get out at a better spot early instead of taking the ride to the end). I've found myself hitching in the opposite direction to get back to a better spot which I had passed). Independent truckers (not employee truckers who answer to insurance co and bosses) at truckstops can be great for rides. If you find yourself at a truckstop talking to a trucker who can't give you a ride, ask to use their radio to drum up a lift (hearts will surely melt when they hear a woman would like a ride).

wandercrusty

Website
wandercrusty.tumblr.com
Experiences?

I'm in vegas right now. Gonna snowbird it on the 10/20. Some hale just fell out of the sky.
Hey another Vegas person ! Sucks huh? Anyway my dude andI hitched the 20 from Bend Oregon to Burns Oregon in like a half day. It's was an easy hitch once we hit the 20, big shoulders on the road, lots of public and farm land to sleep in , should you not get a ride. Past Oregon, not sure yet, got fuckin honeypotted at a badass ranch out here :]

S

spectacular

I deleted myself
Hey another Vegas person ! Sucks huh? Anyway my dude andI hitched the 20 from Bend Oregon to Burns Oregon in like a half day. It's was an easy hitch once we hit the 20, big shoulders on the road, lots of public and farm land to sleep in , should you not get a ride. Past Oregon, not sure yet, got fuckin honeypotted at a badass ranch out here :]
Yeah way glad to be out of vegas

Users who are viewing this thread

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$90.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $50.00 of $50.00 - reached!
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $75.00 of $75.00 - reached!
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully his will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $90.00 of $100.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $90.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.