Anyone ever been deported back to the US?

J

Johnny P

Been contemplating trying to sneak into Canada...wondering if anybody has any experience getting deported back to the US? How's that work?

Could I possibly lose my cur dog if deported back to the US?

Any stories? Tips? Anecdotes?

K

Kim Chee

I spoke to a guy years ago who was deported. He was able to spend about three months in Canada before the mounties caught up with him (his only lawbreaking was illegal entering/staying). Anyway, they took him directly south to the nearest crossing and handed him off to U.S. Customs, who I am sure ran him before releasing him.

...as for your dog, I am pretty sure The Canadian authorities want him/her gone too and will deport both of you. Not sure how it will go if your dog's paperwork isn't in order when trying to re-enter the U.S.

Dameon

Reaction score
I've known people who've been deported from Canada. I've heard people talk about being stuck in immigration jail for weeks while they build up enough illegal US folks to make it worth running them to the border on a bus.

I'd imagine it's pretty likely you'd lose your dog - that's why I've never done Canada illegally. At the very least, your dog could wind up sitting in dog jail for a couple of weeks while you sit qnd wait to get deported. Not sure what their equivalent to the humane society is, but your dog could get left there when you get deported.

In my opinion, not worth the risk if you give a shit about your dog.

• Dislike
Reactions: RayvnHearsMusic
L

LeftCoast

Hey there, I have been deported 4 times from Canada. I got lucky in Surrey and was given a ride to the boarder. I was held for about 12 hours at customs and had to have a stater come from olympia to verify my identity. Told them I accidentally walked in through the Okanogan. They gave me $40 USD and a hotel voucher for this rathole motel in Blaine, WA. Wasn't bad at all. They treat their deportees pretty good. I was hoping to go to the Sumas side because i was up there for a weekend of shows. Luckily I just hopped back up, and the next time i got booted no $40 dollar voucher. Just a bunch of intimidation from there stupid border patrol personnel asking where I was "keeping the drugs" etc. I've done it several times. Never had a dog but shit was cake. Fuck a passport.

J

Johnny P

Canada is easier to get to than an overseas country....you can sneak into Canada too. I don't have a passport so getting to an overseas country would be a task for me...and I hate flying. I'll stay on the ground.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads