Anyone else stay at the Burnside Youth shelter in the late 80's or very 90's | Squat the Planet

Anyone else stay at the Burnside Youth shelter in the late 80's or very 90's

Art101

Reaction score
Was just thinking about the old Burnside and Outside In back in the day. There were some great characters back then. Wonder whatever happened to some of those folks like Bishop, Skytiz, Dancer and Tabby. I know several people I knew either od, contracted HIV or died. Caught many a freight out of that damn town and always nice to wander back in to the square or tweaker park and see people I knew...Oh the joys of getting older.25 cent cups of coffee and Nordstroms and staying warm in the morning on the top floor of the Galleria.

amandanotsuitcase

Reaction score
Hah... this took me the fuck back ! I worked at Greenhouse in the late 90's, before they closed it in response to us unionizing with the IWW. My BBF still works at outside In. I used to hang out at Greenhouse in the early 90s. We prolly know each other :)

Art101

Reaction score
Lol I would imagine we did. Its had been awhile since I had really thought old Portland. Still maked me laugh thinking about some of the seriously stupid sht done. At the same time I wonder about certain people and what happened and hope they are well.

Art101

Reaction score
Knew some of that which sucks. Im amazed I made it out alive but I think it was a close run thing lol.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads