Any Solo Females?

Reaction score
I identify as male but I dont "pass" or whatever. Pre everything, you know, so I still get called female by everyone.

I think the best thing to keep in mind is a lot of what people here have said before, especially the bit about trusting your instincts, even if it offends people. I was spanging the other day and a guy wanted me to get in his car for a "job" and I was like, "lol no." He got super pissed, said some rude shit, etc. but I rather have someone think I'm a lazy bum than end up dead or worse.

Diva cups are pretty rad. I use softcup, which is the same thing basically. You can get them at Walgreens typically. It's like, ten dollars for something like thirty of them? It's crazy. I love them.

If you're still looking for a travel partner, I'd be down. I'm wanting to end up in California or Oregon, and I can help with gas and what not. Right now I'm in Lawton OK visiting some friends but yeah!~

Radddd, there's a Walgreens like, 2 minutes from where I'm at now. I shall be running in there tomorrow!

Andrea Van Scoyoc

Nomad Missionary & Tree Hugging Jesus Freak
Reaction score
All of this info is great!

Thanks so much for sharing.

Not sure when I'll be traveling and not sure if I'll be alone...so all this advice is so helpful!

:)

RinRose

Reaction score
Website
buddhaburgers16.tumblr.com
I am a 21 year old female and was rubber tramping "alone" with my Husky for a while before I met my boyfriend at the Ocala rainbow gathering.

Hahaha I love the Starbucks advice! They always have those single person bathrooms that you can take a mini-bath in and the wifi is great. I recently started going to Panera Breads for coffee; they have those brewers out in the lobby and I just grab a cup out of the garbage and help myself. I used to work at a Panera and they keep the customer's dishes in a bin next to the garbage and people will seriously leave big, half eaten salads or bowls of soup in there (instead of dumping them in the garbage) and I have helped myself to these from time to time. It isn't quite dumpster diving but you get the idea lol

I totally don't mind being "upper crust" on the road. I gnar it up a hell of a lot more than your average chick but I am not opposed to shaving my legs in rest stop bathrooms or spending some of my extra spange money on lotion or something of the sort. Just personal preference, ya know?

I always try to sleep somewhere with a bathroom and some lights if possible. Places like Walmart, rest stops, or state parks are my usual hang outs. I have almost perfected the art of sneaking into state park campgrounds and leaving before 8:00 a.m. when the guards come around. And if I ever get spoken to I simply say "oh, I thought I was supposed to pay in the morning!"

People can argue that traveling can be easier as a woman because people will help you quicker but there are definitely a hell of a lot more risks too. I don't think I would be comfortable hitch hiking alone just yet. I would say use your femininity and the appearance of vulnerability to your advantage but don't let someone take advantage of it, ya know? I'm talking more in lines of flying and spanging and whatnot. I don't have any weapons but some mace and a machete sound like bad ass ideas

Travel safe, sistas! <3

hey just wanted to say thanks for all the advice and if your ever in north carolina hit me up!

Reactions: Parker Free

RinRose

Reaction score
Website
buddhaburgers16.tumblr.com
I identify as male but I dont "pass" or whatever. Pre everything, you know, so I still get called female by everyone.

I think the best thing to keep in mind is a lot of what people here have said before, especially the bit about trusting your instincts, even if it offends people. I was spanging the other day and a guy wanted me to get in his car for a "job" and I was like, "lol no." He got super pissed, said some rude shit, etc. but I rather have someone think I'm a lazy bum than end up dead or worse.

Diva cups are pretty rad. I use softcup, which is the same thing basically. You can get them at Walgreens typically. It's like, ten dollars for something like thirty of them? It's crazy. I love them.

If you're still looking for a travel partner, I'd be down. I'm wanting to end up in California or Oregon, and I can help with gas and what not. Right now I'm in Lawton OK visiting some friends but yeah!~

awe damn girl i hate that i read this so late! i already passed OK and California. I went back to NC for a while because my grandmother passed. I may have a tattoo apprenticship so i may stay here for a while but if not id love to be on the road again

Catlady

Reaction score
Ellisville, Missouri, United States of America
Heading out again tomorrow but this time ill be on my own. From Nc heading West. Any tips you have would be great on staying comfortable, prepared and safe!
Hey there! I'm also a female solo rubber tramp. i haven't started yet (i do monday!) but i wish you all the luck and if you're in the southwest in the coming months, hit me up!

Catlady

Reaction score
Ellisville, Missouri, United States of America

I'm heading towards california and oregon, if you ever want to meet up, id be down!

Bedheadred

Reaction score
I travel alone in my Subaru with my dog. He's pretty big so I've never had anyone try and mess with me. But I carry a knife, and pepper spray on me at all times as well as keeping a taser and a bat in my car. You can never be too prepared! Don't drink around people you don't feel you can trust, or get any types of fucked up. Trust your instincts. Have fun and be safe! Traveling alone is one of the must fulfilling things I've ever experienced.

D

Deleted member 2626

Well said. Alone definitely can be really awesome. I used to travel in a Subaru as well. And old 99 wagon. Loved it like it wasn't a mechanical object

Parker Free

Reaction score
Website
coffeewitholiver.com
I find I get help pretty easily when I need it, but I do have to be careful so people (guys, generally) don't take advantage. I also try not to abuse my "female charms" lol, but yes, they can be useful in a crisis. I always make sure to sincerely thank the people who assist me in any way. Want to keep those good vibes going, right?
Taser, eh? That's something I want to get, definitely. I actually have a rather large gun with a conceal carry permit, but I don't want to EVER have to use it. A taser is better, I'm thinking. I also have a wonderful, loving, and scary dog who helps me stay safe. He's chased off more than one person I was nervous about.
As just about everyone has already said, trust your instincts, and don't allow wanting to be polite get in the way of your safety.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads