Any road folks over 40?

up2eleven

Reaction score
How many of you are over 40 and still plan on living on the road indefinitely? I'm 42 and will likely hit the road next summer, probably for good. I need to escape cubicle land, but want to make sure I'm not fucking myself over.

Those of you over 40, do you find it more difficult than the folks in their 20's seem to have it? Any advice?

Dmac

Reaction score
i am 46, and actually find hitching to be easier. maybe i just have more patience now.

straightmovin

Reaction score
i am 44 and find myself wearying of the same old shit. i roamed early and got a life late (at least by society's standard). i am ready to be back out there on my agenda, not on anothers. i sat back and thought long and hard about it. i am not really happy anymore, just distracted. always wishing i could be doing something else, going somewhere else. but.....job, bills, relationships, etc. tend to hold back most. i do not worry about shit and never have. most think i am crazy for slipping the yoke and leaving material pursuits, but i find it tremendously refreshing. it has been a long damn time since i have truly sat back and enjoyed life for what it is and not the societal norm of television, friday night bars, and microwave food. i can tell you this, i look forward to leaving this life of unending responsibilities and less than gratifying "off time". i long for the feeling of freedom and new people with a pile of cool shit to see thrown in. i, sir, leave monday with not a backward glance, with a ford ranger and the little bit of stuff i NEED. not all the crap i weighed myself down with. i hope you find the answer you seek, i know i did.

E

Earth

relationships are what destroyed me, should have just stayed by myself from day one...
im closer to 48 than 47, but ive actually got my own pad, because i needed a place to build an analog studio.
but freedom, oh yeah.... out hiking every day with my dog, swimming, diving, kayaking, bicycle riding.... man, life is beautiful!!

straightmovin

Reaction score
be cool bro. as long as you enjoy what you are doing, don't change it. the only time a change is needed is when a change is needed. dont fix it if it aint broke. DO WHAT YOU FEEL IS RIGHT.

Joe Btfsplk

Reaction score
be cool bro. as long as you enjoy what you are doing, don't change it. the only time a change is needed is when a change is needed. dont fix it if it aint broke. DO WHAT YOU FEEL IS RIGHT.

I'm sixty. I've done all travel posted here. Never did pirate air nor sea travel. Just land.

I now often drive from the Midwest to the west coast. Personal vehicle. To off lay fuel expenses, I advertise on Craigslist. So far, all has gone well. I benefit, they too. Cost effective.

The roaming lust never leaves.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads