Any News On Scary Laura?? | Squat the Planet

Any News On Scary Laura??

dharma bum

anarcho-transcendentalist
Reaction score
I just got a call from a friend of hers telling me she was locked up in CA for murder. I know Laura Raux pretty well and highly doubt she'd do anything like that. The only think I can think if is that the crew she was with ended up doing some things and it escalated... mortifully.
I know where she's locked up and have her address but she only asked to talk/write to a few friends.
If anyone knows what happened or have any more info than the vague shit I've been going on, please let me know. She's a dear sister of mine and I'm extremely worried right now.

Any news would help! Thanks...

J

Johnny P

Anybody know anything about what is happening with this? I tried googling this and only came up with the same articles that have been there.

I don't know the other 3, but Laura is a good sister of mine. Sucks being in the dark when someone you have shared jungles with is up for murder.

DesertRat

Reaction score
If she's been sentenced, then all the details are public record.

Start with a records search through the county where she's locked up, then, armed with that, it might make it easier to fill in the blanks once you have other names and locations and such to search with that you get from the records.

Sounds like an adventure in the making!
Good luck.

• Sad
Reactions: MoonMail
J

Johnny P

I did that, nothing came up

*EDIT

Found her in the Placer County inmate records....next court date scheduled for January 15, 2015 at 8:30AM

K

Kim Chee

Man anyone got any details on any of this craziness i know laura pretty well and edo real well cant either killing someone.
Currently held on a "no bail" status in Placer County Jail (all four).

http://www.thepresstribune.com/article/12/31/14/year-review-rosevilles-top-5-news-stories-2014
Wednesday Dec 31 2014
Year in Review - Roseville's top 5 news stories for 2014
By: Scott Thomas Anderson, Editor
1. Roseville detectives break train-hopper cold case
To outside observers, it was a homicide file that looked nearly impossible to solve — an unidentified body found in a field, allegedly murdered by unknown, transient rail-riders who were scattered across the nation by the time police discovered their victim. But Roseville homicide detectives continued to keep the investigation in the public view, and at the end of March the Press Tribune broke the story that police had started a series of arrests in New Mexico, Nebraska and Washington. There are currently four suspects awaiting trial on first degree murder charges. The story began the year before, when police were called to a weedy creekside off PFE road. It was May 15, 2013 and investigators were getting their first look at a victim who would later be identified as 19-year-old John Alpert of Palmdale. A forensic autopsy determined that Alpert had been bludgeoned to death. Roseville police knew the crime scene to be a common campsite for train-hoppers. Working with Roseville police officer Dave Flood, the department’s expert on transients, homicide detectives developed suspects within the underground train-hopping world and began to track them. While many details of the investigation are still sealed, murder warrants were obtained for Edward Anauo, Jewls Carrillo and Laura Kenner. In March of this year, all three were captured. Investigators then obtained a fourth murder warrant for Charity Williams, who was apprehended in July. All four suspects have obtained defense attorneys and are being held on a no bail status in the Placer County Jail.

wrkrsunite

Reaction score
Currently held on a "no bail" status in Placer County Jail (all four).

http://www.thepresstribune.com/article/12/31/14/year-review-rosevilles-top-5-news-stories-2014
Wednesday Dec 31 2014
Year in Review - Roseville's top 5 news stories for 2014
By: Scott Thomas Anderson, Editor
1. Roseville detectives break train-hopper cold case
To outside observers, it was a homicide file that looked nearly impossible to solve — an unidentified body found in a field, allegedly murdered by unknown, transient rail-riders who were scattered across the nation by the time police discovered their victim. But Roseville homicide detectives continued to keep the investigation in the public view, and at the end of March the Press Tribune broke the story that police had started a series of arrests in New Mexico, Nebraska and Washington. There are currently four suspects awaiting trial on first degree murder charges. The story began the year before, when police were called to a weedy creekside off PFE road. It was May 15, 2013 and investigators were getting their first look at a victim who would later be identified as 19-year-old John Alpert of Palmdale. A forensic autopsy determined that Alpert had been bludgeoned to death. Roseville police knew the crime scene to be a common campsite for train-hoppers. Working with Roseville police officer Dave Flood, the department’s expert on transients, homicide detectives developed suspects within the underground train-hopping world and began to track them. While many details of the investigation are still sealed, murder warrants were obtained for Edward Anauo, Jewls Carrillo and Laura Kenner. In March of this year, all three were captured. Investigators then obtained a fourth murder warrant for Charity Williams, who was apprehended in July. All four suspects have obtained defense attorneys and are being held on a no bail status in the Placer County Jail.
Thanks man. Such a fucked up deal, i don't want to believe it. Ive witness first hand edo do some dumb shit but murder. I just feel like ive seen him at his worst and, even then, he didnt seem capable of murder. Plus flood's in on the investigation. I could see him killing someone just to frame some train kids. I dont known man, i dont know......

K

Kim Chee

@wrkrsunite ...This isn't some bullshit misdemeanor crap where Flood can tell a story and get somebody put in jail with lies. Somebody is going to have to produce some actual evidence. Looks like it will go to court soon if there aren't further delays.

SnakeOilWilly

Reaction score
Not to butt in when it's not really my business, but this is a murder trial and it seems to be in a relatively small town where the news is mostly local, so I figure this'll be covered pretty heavily in the local news. Just follow the "Press Tribune" starting January 15th and it'll keep you up to date.

The fact that the cops aren't sayin' how they got evidence could signify a week case or just county protocol.

I hope your friend didn't do it and I hope she gets off. Hang in there.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
i know none of these people, and i'm not passing judgement or implying anything at this time; i just want to point out to the kinderoogs out there that this could be a very good example of "make sure you know the folks you travel with". some folks look totally normal but might flip on a turn of the bottle, you just never know. be safe, and try to travel with people you trust...

J

Johnny P

I agree with you 100% Matt...there are some crazies out there indeed.

Suspects innocent until proven guilty however...I really wish I knew more details of what went down in Roseville that day.

Reaction score
Hey, I've been following this case for a couple of years now. I kicked it with Eddo a few years back in Eastern Oregon, and he was a great dude for the few days I knew him. No clue as far as the procedure for a trial like this, but I check the Placer Co. jail roster every month or so, and court dates keep getting pushed another 4-5 months. How is it legal to keep anyone in county for such a long time without a conviction?

K

Kim Chee

Hey, I've been following this case for a couple of years now. I kicked it with Eddo a few years back in Eastern Oregon, and he was a great dude for the few days I knew him. No clue as far as the procedure for a trial like this, but I check the Placer Co. jail roster every month or so, and court dates keep getting pushed another 4-5 months. How is it legal to keep anyone in county for such a long time without a conviction?

The defendant is probably waiving their right to a speedy trial.

Sometimes defendants are preparing their case, sometimes they fear the inevitable, waive their right then ask for extensions over and over. Also, once that right is waived, the prosecutor can ask for extensions as they continue to put together a case.

I'm not sure what happened in this instance, but I'm sure somebody has waived a right.

K

Kim Chee

Seems hers was the last number dialed from murder victim's phone:

http://jobs.aol.com/videos/resumes/man-unknowingly-helps-track-down-twina-s-killer/518179639/
Man Unknowingly Helps Track Down Twin’s Killer
The twin of a teen killed near the train tracks in Roseville, California says he had spoken to one of the suspects arrested for his brother’s murder. After Josh Alpert’s brother John went missing during a train-hopping adventure, Josh contacted the last number dialed on his brother’s cell phone records. The woman who answered the phone, Laura Kenner, was one of three people later arrested, suspected of murdering John.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads