Any ideas for good protest props?

spoils of victory

Reaction score
There's several actions coming up in my area, and I wanna make them more than your average boring protest. Im considering doing a banner drop, Gigantic puppet, or huge inflatable, but the first two I mentioned are sort of played out, and the inflatable doesnt seem very realistic. Any suggestions?

Driftwhistler

Reaction score
Guerrila street theater usually goes over pretty well. We did a "heat" protest once and all wore bathing suits or shorts and t-shirts. That caught us a lot of attention.

Reactions: outskirts

shiftingGEARS

Reaction score
A molotov cocktail would get your point across. they are simple, inexpensive, and not many people are using them these days, at least in the states.

NM Black Cross Medic

Reaction score
Well, the next one is a disruption at the Oregon state land board meeting because they're about to privatize a whole bunch forest land so it can be cut. Bastards...
I would say dress in business suits and carry fake (or real if you really want) axes. You could put in fake trees with words describing the victims of deforestation (some would be surprised how long the list is) and cut them down. For extra effect, put pins on the ends of the axes and pop balloons filled with fake money (the balloons could be attached to the trees).

NM Black Cross Medic

Reaction score
Only if you let them shoot you.
I admire your enthusiasm, but it's a matter of reaction time. It would take a cop a lot less time to cap you than it would take you to pull your arm back and throw it, and that's assuming it's already lit. If a pig saw you so much as pulling out a lighter, you'd be pumped full of 9mm hollowpoint before you could say "catch".

outskirts

I ain't getting any younger.
Reaction score
I admire your enthusiasm, but it's a matter of reaction time. It would take a cop a lot less time to cap you than it would take you to pull your arm back and throw it, and that's assuming it's already lit. If a pig saw you so much as pulling out a lighter, you'd be pumped full of 9mm hollowpoint before you could say "catch".
Yup, you'd wind up with more holes than a box of donuts.

shiftingGEARS

Reaction score
strategic planning and stealth. A land board meeting wont happen if they don't have a place to do so, they cant cut the trees down if their tools and equipment are fucked.

Driftwhistler

Reaction score
I had my bullet belt confiscated in DC on J17...I was dumb for wearing it, but it was on me when I left, I didn't want to leave it in my pack in case we got searched because that'd look wicked suspicious, didn't want to leave it at camp in case it got stolen...dammit.

fateoficarus

Reaction score
Fact: Trying to throw a molotov in the states will get you shot. My Opinion: Protest is more or less just a symbolic gesture. If you genuinely want to do something: Sabotage the fuck out of their equipment, blockade the roads, or read up on the ELF. And good luck

shiftingGEARS

Reaction score
I had my bullet belt confiscated in DC on J17...I was dumb for wearing it, but it was on me when I left, I didn't want to leave it in my pack in case we got searched because that'd look wicked suspicious, didn't want to leave it at camp in case it got stolen...dammit.

Cops took my bullet belt and gas mask a couple years ago but i was turning my self in on a bench warrant at the time. I could have got the gas mask back but after two weeks in jail didn't want to be anywhere near the fuzz.

Driftwhistler

Reaction score
NEIN.jpg

Another sign ziptied to my belt over my crotch read "Yup, no jobs here."

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads