Any Feedback is Appreciated!

LishaH

Reaction score
Hello! My name is Lisha and I am 23 years old I am writing a paper for my SOC 101 class and have been givin the topic of either a counterculture or subculture. Me, being the person I am, had to choose a unique topic and over the summer I met some people who I became friends with suggested this site. If anyone could give me any feed back on the subject of "squatters" and your own view on if you consider it a sub or counterculture. Your way of life, basically just a quick rundown. I will continue to look throught all of the links and fourms posted to obtain more information! Thanx!! :)

LishaH

Reaction score
Haha yeah Google is my best friend lol but no I did Google the subject many times but I wanted fresh ideas I guess you could say straight from the people as opposed to the endless magazine articles that I've found... ;)

daveycrockett

Reaction score
why dont you write something you know about instead, im sure you can find some kind of "subculture" in your own life. nooone wants to see you look like a fool. there was a woman in mass. that wrote a book about soup kitchens that made her look horrible even when she had the best intentions, ithink.

LishaH

Reaction score
lol ok well when the assignment was given my instructor specifically said to find something that hasn't been covered multiple times such as Amish, Minnonites etc... and considering the area I live in those are the only subcultures that I am familiar with I enjoy learning new things not to metion I'm a smart chick and good at research so I'm sure I will find plenty on the subject as I already have sorry that I wanted the perspective on it from an actual person who lives the life, as I stated friends of mine that are friends with the admin of this site suggested this site to me so I was just trying to find more information by doing research... How will I ever learn anything about a subject if I don't ask questions....?

daveycrockett

Reaction score
i knew someone who went to college and had the assignment to live "homeless" with nothing (only one or two changes of clothes no phone no money no mommy) for a week and write about it. and no help from people you know. maybe you should try.

LishaH

Reaction score
Oh my, ok as a child and teenager I have lived homeless multiple times without any of those things you speak of except for a mom on occasion. Because of that I choose not to have to live that way and I attend college full time so that I will one day have a career, I do not live with my Mother I live on my own and support myself with no help from anyone and as far as the cell phone goes I've only had one for a year now so I know what it's like to have to live without any of the things most people consider necessity. I posted this forum to obtain information on people who choose to live this lifestyle not to be treated like a idiot for asking a question about my 4 page research paper I'm not writing a novel.

wrkrsunite

Reaction score
I've been living this lifestyle for 8 years, feel free to message any questions u may have n as long as its anonymous and no specifics on train info (catch out info) ill give you straightfoward honest answers.

LishaH

Reaction score
Aww I guess I did... I'm in a wonderfull mood... I hate that my comment made the start of your day shitty mine started at 6:00am and I'm still in a great mood! The wonderful confusion of what any individual may assume by only reading something! Situations like this is why I like to elaborate on things especially if a comment sounds rude you never know how an individual may take it! Hope your day gets better! :D

LishaH

Reaction score
And honestly dude if you're just going to continue being rude please stop commenting. I only want useful information and the only thing you're showing me is that your culture is rude and inconsiderate! Try giving positive feedback....

LishaH

Reaction score
You are culture?? Ok you're totally being rude! Yes I said your culture how else would you like me to refer to it? Is there a poliically correct term? I'm just trying to let you know that you're not making a very good case for yourself as a repesentative of the "squatters" as a whole.... Is that term better? :rolleyes:

daveycrockett

Reaction score
i speak for myself not for this community ask any of em. what do you really want to know, how i wipe my ass in the woods or something why dont you put up some questions that you would like answered and maybe i can tell you my experiences.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads