Anti Homeless Libraries | Squat the Planet

Anti Homeless Libraries

rusty

Reaction score
I have experienced an overwhelming discriminating response to homeless and traveling persons at their public libraries, over and over again as I'm sure some of you guys have as well. Taking away the only solace most people have, this has proven to be unconstitutional in some cases. this articles cites those cases and lists the ALA (american library association) ethical obligations and some solutions to educate librarians and make efforts to support homeless and impoverished people and provide them with equal access;

http://publiclibrariesonline.org/2013/04/library-service-to-the-homeless/

Venatus

Reaction score
Yeah fuck that shit, i go to librarys to charge my devices and read and stuff, and sometimes its just rediculous. like in san francisco the main library wont let you take in baggage thats over the size of a wee breadbox for "safety reasons" like what the fuck am i going to do? i dont need a bag to conceal or carry a weapon, im not going to batter some poor knave with my backpacks or create a hostage cituation with my cart. its purely discrimination, and it needs to stop.

Reactions: rusty

hermitdan69

Reaction score
At the library in Quartzsite Arizona, I had to look hard to find a plug-in to charge my laptop. After a little bit, the librarian noticed and chewed me out for using their electricity. "That's costing us money!" she said. First library I've ever ran into that, though a McDs cut me off once, too.

Last edited by a moderator:

Durp

Reaction score
its costing them pennies. wtf sort of library expects you to have your laptop charged all the time? do they expect you to have interwebs too?

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads