Am I missing anything?

Waygook

Reaction score
If I manage to get on a train without being noobie-capitated, I'll be happy; if I actually end up in Cali, it might be a fucking miracle. I'm catching out for the first time this weekend, and doing it solo. I've been perusing the board, trying to figure out what's necessary to take with me, and there's been a lot of people recommending to "bring this", and "leave that", and a whole lot of differing opinions. So, I've compiled a list of things I have so far. Notice, they're only navigational things; the other stuff I don't care as much about. Is there anything essential I'm missing?

-rail atlas
-road atlas
-Garmin eTrex GPS
-go phone

bryanpaul

Reaction score
you should be worried about the other stuff more.... you can always ask where california is....but nah...thats more than most travelers have, your good.....all you need is experience now........ gahh.... i wanna say some shit like "dont expect to get very far, very quickly, hoppin trains" or "your in for alot of letdowns and fuck-ups and dumb shit till you at least get some knowledge of freight operations....but....fuck it you'll figger it out.......BE SNEAKY

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads