Alice escaped wonderland | Squat the Planet

Alice escaped wonderland

otch0z

Reaction score
Hey everyone ! I'm Alice, I come from france (my father's from quebec so i'm also canadian) and i just got back in montreal after a three months van road trip in the US. I met a lot of people there, a lot of travelers, dirty kids etc etc...
Being back to "normal" life is quite depressing so I was wandering on the internet when i found this forum. A lot of people talk about wanderlust, I think I might have that too. And I definitely want to go back to the US and travel more and meet more people and play more music !

See you guys on the road. Also, if you have any question about traveling in France please feel free to ask me

otch0z

Reaction score
Thanks !
I don't know, there are lots of beautiful landscapes but I travel to meet people. I really liked NOLA because I just jammed with everybody in town for a week but California (and californians) was really nice too, especially the norther coast... But it's a big country and we could only go in the southern part, the other one being too cold

Anagor

Reaction score
Website
anagortravelling.wordpress.com
Hi!

Welcome to StP! :)

Just being a bit jealous ... would like to visit US and Canada, but can't afford it right now. Being from Germany originally, I travelled mostly in England in the last one and a half year. Plus a few visits to Belgium (Leuven, Antwerp) and Netherlands (Amsterdam).

On my first trip to UK I went through France (Lille, Calais), but those were my only visits to France. Perhaps I will travel around Europe with some friends soon. France, Spain, Portugal maybe ...

But definitely UK again as well, want to see Bristol again.

Nice to see another new member (originally) from Europe here!

Safe travels!

otch0z

Reaction score
Heya ! I never actually visited the UK but I've lived in Ireland for 9 months. I'd like to go to the UK just to hear them speak though haha
France is cool but the US is the shit, people are super nice it's very weird (especially when you're french and being rude is kinda your religion) for Canada I can only speak about Québec, I don't know the other parts of it

Safe travels, multiple travels !

Reactions: Anagor

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
what are your favorite things about quebec? i don't really hear people talk about cool places in canada...

WanderLost Radical

Reaction score
Hey salut! Moi avec j'viens de revenir a Montreal apres 14 mois on the road. Fais chier en criss, mais bin content d'avoir un toit sua tete pour l'hiver. Je repars en juillet.
Si t'es down pour une biere un moment donné, on jasera des states!

Reactions: otch0z

WanderLost Radical

Reaction score
what are your favorite things about quebec? i don't really hear people talk about cool places in canada...

Idk about her, but my favorite things about Quebec are:
-The montreal punk scene. Theres shows every week for everyone's tastes. Fucking love it.
-Old Montreal and Old Quebec City. Beautiful places. Really hip and trinket-touristy, but the architecture's beautiful and the ambiance is living!
-Gaspesie. Its a big peninsula by the St-Lawrence. Pretty out there, with some great sceneries.
-The north. Theres not much there, but I always liked remote places. Nature, small villages with nice vibe.

Reactions: otch0z

otch0z

Reaction score
Hey salut! Moi avec j'viens de revenir a Montreal apres 14 mois on the road. Fais chier en criss, mais bin content d'avoir un toit sua tete pour l'hiver. Je repars en juillet.
Si t'es down pour une biere un moment donné, on jasera des states!

Yoooo ami francophone ! Ce serait avec un grand plaisir que je prendrais une bière avec toi, mais peut-être d'ici quelques jours parce que je suis pauvre as fuck en ce moment du coup il faut que j'attende ma paye. Hâte de parler de ton long séjour en tous cas ! pis à bientôt

otch0z

Reaction score
To answer your question @Matt Derrick : Idk, it's a tough one. It's my first time living in Quebec and above all being there without my parents so the experience is quite different. I would say I really like the language (which is different from the one from France), I mean that kind of stuff is what I studied so I'm pretty interested in it. People are nice too, things move quicker than in France. Like, finding a job here is easier than in france.
I really like the fact that the St Laurent (river) is so important. Most of my family members live on the banks and it's really nice, you can see the ships coming in (and sometimes they honk at my uncle because he's a captain and that is very cool if you ask me)
I don't know, the vibe in Quebec in general is kinda cool. I don't have an objective point of view at all though ^^

Reactions: todd

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$20.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads