Ahoy hoy

jbx

Reaction score
Hey all you StP'ers!

My name is Robert and I've been on here for a while but not contributed too much. Mostly just gleaned information, but now I'm trying to be a more active member. I've traveled a bit over the years, by pretty much any means possible i.e. - greyhound, car, hitching, trains (riding the cushions and otherwise), etc. I'm currently stuck in Corvallis, OR finishing up a degree I started for a few years back. I'm hoping to start traveling again either in about a year. I'm hoping to meet more people on here over the next few years, see you on the road.

jbx.

jbx

Reaction score
Pickles -

I am a senior in Chemcial Engineering at OSU. It's interesting material but the whole "corporate career" thing isn't quite my idea of a good life choice, so I'm just finishing it to do it I suppose. What part of Oregon you live in?

Pickles

Reaction score
My mom studied microbiology and decided to be a kindergarten teacher. Study what you want, do what you love, you know?

I'm in Portland right now, actually planning to head south into California (Auburn) within the next week or two.

Where was your avatar picture taken?

jbx

Reaction score
The picture was taken at an "adventure beach" somewhere in Mexcio. My friends and I were driving through the region and saw a sign that said, "playa adventura," and who doesn't love both adventures and beaches? So we drove out there, there wasn't much adventure but it was beautiful.

Have fun in Cali, stay warm going over the pass, it's damn cold right now.

boucaneer

Reaction score
hello jbx,

welcome to the site mate. here, any chance you could help me out with a chemical formular for a boat paint by any chance?

im here in england and the paint is so expensive. perhaps you could help me and we can arrange a trip to england for you.

welcome to the site mate. i hope you learn some things here. cheers.

bouc.

macks

Ballsy Adventurer
Reaction score
Website
macksemil.wordpress.com
Do they have second hand paint sources where you're at? I don't know how different boat paint is from regular outdoor paint but I found a good article about painting wooden boats here :

http://ezinearticles.com/?How-To-Paint-A-Wooden-Boat&id=495335

I lived in a boat for a little bit and I'm interested in sailing at some point in the future so I would be interested to hear what ya find out!

jbx

Reaction score
Boucaneer,

Thanks for the welcome; I'll look into why boat paint has become so expensive, maybe find an alternative that is sufficient at a much lower cost but I don't know how much help I'll be. England sounds like it could be a real fun place to visit, maybe macks and I can come visit some time and learn more about life on a boat!

-jbx.

bicycle

Reaction score
Welcome to the board!

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads