Advice needed | Squat the Planet

Advice needed

Hudson

Reaction score
My mother left me a house when she died 4 years ago in bumfuck Washington. Im tired of being a garbage man in retirement land California. Especially now that home ownership is basically unattainable, even for a garbage man who makes 60k/year.

My Aunt and Uncle got involved in the probate process. Buf I know by all law that property goes to the descendents. The estate lawyer has even told me so.

Im tired of my life, im tired of California and am ready for a change. Im planning on taking my pickup with my cabover camper up north before it gets too cold and go evict the renters out of said house and move in.

Im mot sure how feasibly this is. Im not certain thst I can do this.

My parents say keep the job. Its stable. I say I have a CDL, it is what is stable not the fucking job. I say I can work and live in California never obtain home ownership because its too expensive. Or I can go to bumfuck washington and freeze my ass off and be a homeowner.

Good idea or bad?

My job is breaking my soul worse than fhe Army ever thought of.

Hudson

Reaction score
Im also thinking of renting the house out for passive income to go to south America. Or to just not be homeless ever again. Ive been a wandering veteran of Iraq most of my life. Slept under bridges for years working jobs.

Hudson

Reaction score
Anyone want to go to a town of 1,000 in northern washington and help a homeless veteran claim his birthright? Lol.

My names Jeremy by the way.. soon to be 33 year old garbage man from Placerville

Jimmy Beans

Bad Order Hoghead
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
This is probably the most convoluted intro I've ever read. There's a whole lot of stuff going on here. The entire situation sounds a little far fetched in that you have this house that's left to you but somehow your aunt and uncle are involved and you're left talking to an estate lawyer. It doesn't sound like you own the house as much as you might want to own the house.

Then you're shitting on this small town making it sound like a place you'd never want to live but at the same time you want to go up there and throw the people who are living in said house out onto the street just before winter because it's your birthright? And you want people who don't know you at all to come with you to help? Put me down for one really big nope.

PotBellyFatGuy

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
i say go the stable route. keep your job. work out home ownership first. is it even yours legally? then see if the tenant will move out at the end of the lease if you really wanna be up there. note that home ownership sucks. you have to spend a lot of money and time maintaining it. i rather just let them rent it and enjoy the rental income. need change? take a break from your work after a while and travel around and come back to it. don't cut off income and stability. it's bad to just be random and not have some sense of stability and of course money.

ps - you said your mom died 4 years ago but then you said your parents are advising you not to quit your job. what is going on here?

PotBellyFatGuy

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
This is probably the most convoluted intro I've ever read. There's a whole lot of stuff going on here. The entire situation sounds a little far fetched in that you have this house that's left to you but somehow your aunt and uncle are involved and you're left talking to an estate lawyer. It doesn't sound like you own the house as much as you might want to own the house.

Then you're shitting on this small town making it sound like a place you'd never want to live but at the same time you want to go up there and throw the people who are living in said house out onto the street just before winter because it's your birthright? And you want people who don't know you at all to come with you to help? Put me down for one really big nope.

you are absolutely fucking hilarious dude. you're a f'in clown! LMAO!

Hudson

Reaction score
Wow, never heard of step parents before?
Oh well. It is a strange introduction i guess.
Its been weighing on me since my mother died. 4 years for probate is a pain.

And yeah its mine. I know inheritance law enough to know real property goes to the descendents.

Jerrell

Reaction score
I'd say live off the passive income and travel.

Reactions: Coywolf

Jerrell

Reaction score
Also, don't be a dick and put people on the street. Unless they're tearing the house apart and being asinine tenants.

If they're locals, they have family and friends and as much as you hate the small town, you don't want a small town's population turning on you and taking it out on your property. I've seen it happen.

Reactions: PotBellyFatGuy

roughdraft

Reaction score
do it all but do it right.

don't make yrself a target by kicking the people out

eventually sell the house if you can obtain the title and sheit after handling other stuff correctly maybe even fixing it ul

then travel comfortably

& you're right about your CDL being > any singular job. i think

where in washington...? i might know a guy

ResistMuchObeyLittle

Reaction score
What town in Washington? There's some amazing small towns in Washington.

Hudson

Reaction score
Strange little town outside spokane, ferry county. I wouldnt necessarily kick people out if they were paying rent. I think my Aunt is self dealing by being executor of the estate though. I might just file a tedra. The estate lawyer just bullshits me every time o call him. I think stuff in washington just moves slower than california.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$20.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads