Photos A smokey escape to the Northern Rivers

Benji91

Gone Walkabout
Reaction score
Website
www.instragram.com
Continuing my overrunning of to Oceania forum and desire to share photos...

Upon returning to my home town (I guess I can call it that now, it's more or less been home base since I was 13) after a few months on the road, I felt the need to get out almost immediately. Suburbia irks me. Luckily, one of my best mates lives on a farm a little ways out of Lismore in Northern NSW (a few hours drive south west of home).

I'd be speaking to her since I got back and she invited me down and as soon as I had enough cash to get there I hit it.
Timing was...interesting. Here on the east coast of Australia we're in the midst of one of the worst bushfire seasons in history, and there were out of control fires burning near the farm as I was arriving. Since I'm not a fire fighter, and not all the way suicidal, I stayed the fuck away and didn't get any photos of the fire...the smoke made everything look eerie, and beautiful in a post-apocalyptic sort of way.

Anyways, I'm rambling. I adore the Northern Rivers and being there around a beautiful friend, nature and all of her animals gave me the mental health boost I needed.

Here's some pretty pictures..

EE-vI_icXCfVG7sTg4O_s1EYEg&_nc_ht=scontent.fbne6-1.jpg

The smoke was thickest late on the second morning. Fire plans were in place, and everything was generally terrifying.

Ewa829ht5HVo6etPMqcpqSFSWg&_nc_ht=scontent.fbne6-1.jpg

Smokey smokey smokey

aSLTgCqYH6NOBUeo8_bMAhl_Xg&_nc_ht=scontent.fbne6-1.jpg

A beautiful soul, I'm so thankful she has been a part of my life since I was 16.

hS9UQi97-i2X433cTmzpjm9O2Q&_nc_ht=scontent.fbne6-1.jpg

Puppies is happiness

Lu7-wTm0viQgBBGK56LnH_Tp0A&_nc_ht=scontent.fbne6-1.jpg

Luckily, the fires were contained and left us well alone

khCVjeA5QCJrrPpGeGccXOIMjw&_nc_ht=scontent.fbne6-1.jpg

Never take your friends for granted

This is a little self indulgent, but I wanted to share.
Once I sort through my road photos I'll be posting so more nature pics.

Peace.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads