a novice traveller

berserker

Reaction score
i've dreamed of travelling for some time now, and made many attempts to leave home, but i finally made it onto the road last weekend. my friend called me and hooked me up with a group of juggalos, who were making on their way to a rainbow gathering, and then to california. their van was broken down in springfield so i rode my bike most of the way, then hitched a ride. thus began the start of my three-day journey. with alot of trials, alot of fun, (and all of my weed) we finally made it to illinois. to my dissapointment my mom was waiting for me at the gathering and dragged me home. i am still extremely grateful for the expieriences i had and the knowledge i gained, and now i see how amazing the travelling life is; much better than i could have expected. so here i am, sixteen years old, stuck in high school, but itching to travel. i'm glad to have found StP, and i hope i learn alot more here about trainhopping and travelling.

Reaction score
Your mom waiting for you at the gathering? I'm sorry but that is too funny!

Dude, whatever you do, don't give up the dream. In less than 2 years, I'll be starting my own grand adventure of traveling the US for about 6 years, then onto Europe and Austrailia.

Good luck!

mkirby

Reaction score
Website
meredithkirby.com
Sucks that you got shut down so quick. Try for another gathering, they really are the place to be, especially if you're just getting started. I went to nationals this year and had an amazing time.

oldmanLee

Reaction score
Yep,at one time got the same basic shutdown(damn long time ago that was!)but still kept the dream alive.Take the next two years and prep up,learn,and get the tools together,you'll be amazed how far you can get!

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads