2021 Jamboree - A low down on basic rehandling of tools..? | Squat the Planet

2021 Jamboree A low down on basic rehandling of tools..?

Threads with this prefix are related to the 2021 Jamboree.
Status
Not open for further replies.

beersalt

Reaction score
Website
m.soundcloud.com
So, I've been volleying around the idea of hosting a workshop of rehandling basic tools. I.e. hammers and such of that nature.
Thinkin' I'll try to grab a few heads at a flea market or something. And grab a few handles from whatever hardware store that has close enough sizes.

Eh??

beersalt

Reaction score
Website
m.soundcloud.com
Hammer, and axe heads are not "broken". They are simply without a handle. Two separate pieces, always. Until wedged together.

Nope, not too much effort for me. I'll be in a vehicle, so it's not like I'll be lugging a bunch of tool heads in my pack for all y'all.
I'm literally talking maybe, 5 tools to be had. Others can observe.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
yes, i agree, you should definitely do that, sounds interesting :)

Reactions: beersalt

beersalt

Reaction score
Website
m.soundcloud.com
Well, awesome!!
I would appreciate if some people would bring knives with them that are easy to whittle with.

I can provide everything else, such as snand paper, handles, tool heads, wedges.

After the workshop is over, and people have some ready to use tools, I'd be happy to allow anyone who has a use for them to have 'em. I'm thinking along the lines of basic carpentry hammers, small hatchets, and a mini sledge.

If there are any tools that are not claimed, I'll take it upon myself to haul them all back from the island and distribute them accordingly*

Ashtree

Reaction score
This sounds awesome! I’ll bring a whittling knife for myself, although I don’t have extras unfortunately. I use a lot of tools gardening and building, and the old ones (which are what I sometimes have) break sometimes. Gardening tools are precious.

Reactions: beersalt

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
@dumpsternavel I just updated all the jamboree information for 2021, would you still be interested in doing this workshop for this year's event?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads