A low down on basic rehandling of tools..? (1 Viewer)

Website
m.soundcloud.com
So, I've been volleying around the idea of hosting a workshop of rehandling basic tools. I.e. hammers and such of that nature.
Thinkin' I'll try to grab a few heads at a flea market or something. And grab a few handles from whatever hardware store that has close enough sizes.

Eh??

Click here to buy one of our amazing custom bandanas!

Desperado Deluxe

Wise Sage
Website
instagram.com
Isn't that too much trouble to go out and buy broken tools?
Anywho the world's broken shovels could always use fix in.
"Ain't no short handed shovels, axes, saws or picks"

OP
dumpsternavel
Website
m.soundcloud.com
Hammer, and axe heads are not "broken". They are simply without a handle. Two separate pieces, always. Until wedged together.

Nope, not too much effort for me. I'll be in a vehicle, so it's not like I'll be lugging a bunch of tool heads in my pack for all y'all.
I'm literally talking maybe, 5 tools to be had. Others can observe.

OP
dumpsternavel
Website
m.soundcloud.com
Well, awesome!!
I would appreciate if some people would bring knives with them that are easy to whittle with.

I can provide everything else, such as snand paper, handles, tool heads, wedges.

After the workshop is over, and people have some ready to use tools, I'd be happy to allow anyone who has a use for them to have 'em. I'm thinking along the lines of basic carpentry hammers, small hatchets, and a mini sledge.

If there are any tools that are not claimed, I'll take it upon myself to haul them all back from the island and distribute them accordingly*

Ashtree

This sounds awesome! I’ll bring a whittling knife for myself, although I don’t have extras unfortunately. I use a lot of tools gardening and building, and the old ones (which are what I sometimes have) break sometimes. Gardening tools are precious.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$115.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $50.00 of $50.00 - reached!
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $75.00 of $75.00 - reached!
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully his will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $100.00 of $100.00 - reached!
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $115.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.