News & Blogs - 9 tips for keeping your internet useage private (infographic) | Page 2 | Squat the Planet

News & Blogs 9 tips for keeping your internet useage private (infographic)

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com

xxx

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
ok buddy, what you're doing now is getting confused between using TOR to view StP and actually registering an account on the website. i have a lot of spam filters (including IP address filters) in place that help keep this a spam bot free place for everyone to enjoy. these filters are run by websites like www.stopforumspam.com, and i have very little control over how those filters are enacted.

So no, it's not the big bad terrible StP trying to track your every move :p

there's a world of difference between spam filtering and TOR filtering. Just because you don't know the difference doesn't mean I or anyone else on StP is out to get you.

Is that why I cant upload pictures anymore ?
You sound scared of free speech..
Just because you fear free speech doesn't mean you need to ban and block everything that does not fit into your idea box

Last edited:

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Is that why I cant upload pictures anymore?
You sound scared of free speech..
Just because you fear free speech doesn't mean you need to ban and block everything that does not fit into your idea box

if you can't upload pictures it's a problem on your end. I don't engage in childish bullshit like that (blocking your ability to upload pictures). I've been very nice and spent a lot of time explaining all these things to you, but I will ban you if you continue to be hostile.

xxx

Banned
Reaction score
if you can't upload pictures it's a problem on your end. I don't engage in childish bullshit like that (blocking your ability to upload pictures). I've been very nice and spent a lot of time explaining all these things to you, but I will ban you if you continue to be hostile.

I want to throw up !!
Matt, sir.. we know the truth and that's all that matters.
Id love to see you run and hide and delete, show us who you are....

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
I want to throw up !!
Matt, sir.. we know the truth and that's all that matters.
Id love to see you run and hide and delete, show us who you are....

dude. that doesn't even make any fucking sense. please learn to form a sentence before you go criticizing how I run my website, thanks.

xxx

Banned
Reaction score
dude. that doesn't even make any fucking sense. please learn to form a sentence before you go criticizing how I run my website, thanks.

You make a thread detailing how you value free speech and privacy yet behind the scenes you underhandedly block the vary thing you`re promoting ?

ok buddy, what you're doing now is getting confused between using TOR to view StP and actually registering an account on the website. i have a lot of spam filters (including IP address filters) in place that help keep this a spam bot free place for everyone to enjoy. these filters are run by websites like www.stopforumspam.com, and i have very little control over how those filters are enacted.

So no, it's not the big bad terrible StP trying keep you out :p

there's a world of difference between spam filtering and TOR filtering. Just because you don't know the difference doesn't mean I or anyone else on StP is out to get you.

Spam bots ? yeah right..
No, you`re confused, why would you promote tor when you cant even sign up to this site using tor ?
Yet your spam filter still blocks tor, had to get behind 7 proxies to "actually register an account on the website" LOL.....
Plus, what you`re calling spam is not even spam..
You see Matt, when people like yourself don't like what anonymous people are posting, they run, block it, call it spam then put up spam filters, it`s quite simple really...

if you can't upload pictures it's a problem on your end. .

You`re right, it was me forbidding the scrip that lets me post images
stock-footage-anonymous-person-dark-face-interview-set-new-voice-over-footage.jpg

Last edited:

xxx

Banned
Reaction score
the following notification popped up when accessing parts of www.squattheplanet.com

"This website www.squattheplanet.com attempted to access
image data on a canvas. Since canvas image
data can be used to discover information about
your computer, blank image data was returned
this time."

The HTML5 canvas can be used for fingerprinting WebGL and font rendering as described in
http://www.w2spconf.com/2012/papers/w2sp12-final4.pdf. The fingerprint technique hinges on the ability for JS to extract image/data urls from the canvas object and hash them and/or compute differences, the notification is the result of anti-alias detection upon initialization which can show SERP pages.

The problem with squattheplanet and others using this method to "adjust fonts", as shown by recent FISA orders and the takedown of Freedom Hosting and use of exploits for holes in tor browser bundle, is that the globalist orwellian tyrannical dictatorship of evil will stop at nothing to watch what everyone is doing.

Here's a plausible situation:

User with tor browser bundle gets on Squattheplanet tries to watch a video and sees the warning.
User searches for reasons why.
User finds it's just a "font adjustment" and decides to "Allow in the future" this type of activity.
Feds issue a FISA order or Matt himself gets the canvas snooping changed to start doing fingerprinting of your machine.
User's identity is compromised because he decided to "Allow in the future".

"WebGL can reveal information about the video card in use, and high precision timing information can be used to fingerprint the CPU and interpreter speed." squattheplanet or anyone for that matter, can simply renders WebGL, font, and named color data to a Canvas element, extracts the image buffer, and compute a hash of that image data. Subtle differences in the video card, font packs, and even font and graphics library versions can allow someone to produce a stable, simple, high-entropy fingerprint of a computer. In fact, the hash of the rendered image can be used almost identically to a tracking cookie by the web server. WebGL is fingerprintable both through information that is exposed about the underlying driver and optimizations, as well as through performance fingerprinting, Matt or whoever can produce Canvas/WebGL pixmap, and associate its fingerprint with your machine.

Last edited:

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
the following notification popped up when accessing parts of www.squattheplanet.com

The HTML5 canvas can be used for fingerprinting WebGL and font rendering as described in
http://www.w2spconf.com/2012/papers/w2sp12-final4.pdf. The fingerprint technique hinges on the ability for JS to extract image/data urls from the canvas object and hash them and/or compute differences, the notification is the result of anti-alias detection upon initialization which can show SERP pages.

The problem with squattheplanet and others using this method to "adjust fonts", as shown by recent FISA orders and the takedown of Freedom Hosting and use of exploits for holes in tor browser bundle, is that the globalist orwellian tyrannical dictatorship of evil will stop at nothing to watch what everyone is doing.

Here's a plausible situation:

User with tor browser bundle gets on Squattheplanet tries to watch a video and sees the warning.
User searches for reasons why.
User finds it's just a "font adjustment" and decides to "Allow in the future" this type of activity.
Feds issue a FISA order or Matt himself gets the canvas snooping changed to start doing fingerprinting of your machine.
User's identity is compromised because he decided to "Allow in the future".

"WebGL can reveal information about the video card in use, and high precision timing information can be used to fingerprint the CPU and interpreter speed." squattheplanet or anyone for that matter, can simply renders WebGL, font, and named color data to a Canvas element, extracts the image buffer, and compute a hash of that image data. Subtle differences in the video card, font packs, and even font and graphics library versions can allow someone to produce a stable, simple, high-entropy fingerprint of a computer. In fact, the hash of the rendered image can be used almost identically to a tracking cookie by the web server. WebGL is fingerprintable both through information that is exposed about the underlying driver and optimizations, as well as through performance fingerprinting, Matt or whoever can produce Canvas/WebGL pixmap, and associate its fingerprint with your machine.

ok, mr. 133t h@x0r dude, since you're such an expert at computer security, try unbanning your account. i don't appreciate being called a liar on my own website, especially when i put so much work into giving you a place to bitch about whatever it is you're trying to say (i don't really think you understand it yourself).

i don't have time to entertain people that just want to come into my house and shit on my dinner table. try creating something out there yourself and having someone else do the same to you. of course people like you don't ever create anything, you just go out there and arm chair destroy whatever you decide offends your bizarre sensitive morals.

the funny part is that i'm not your enemy. you invented one out of thin air, and now you're banned. because you're a fucking psycho. hope you're happy.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Spam bots ? yeah right..
No, you`re confused, why would you promote tor when you cant even sign up to this site using tor ?

one more thing. your lack of understanding/education is not my responsibility.

xxxx

Banned
Reaction score
ok, mr. 133t h@x0r dude, since you're such an expert at computer security, try unbanning your account. i don't appreciate being called a liar on my own website, especially when i put so much work into giving you a place to bitch about whatever it is you're trying to say (i don't really think you understand it yourself).

Simply trying to say don't track me and don`t put bullshit in my water, you seem to have a problem with that, which I find vary entertaining.
Also, you can ban accounts but unfortunately you cant "permanently ban" me, which seems to be your ultimate authoritarian punishment for talking about fluoride and privacy lol.

i don't have time to entertain people that just want to come into my house and shit on my dinner table. try creating something out there yourself and having someone else do the same to you. of course people like you don't ever create anything, you just go out there and arm chair destroy whatever you decide offends your bizarre sensitive morals.

So, help me out here Matt, my bizarre sensitive morals are destroying what you have built ? lol
did I huff and puff to hard ?

the funny part is that i'm not your enemy. you invented one out of thin air, and now you're banned. because you're a fucking psycho. hope you're happy.

the funny part is that i'm NOT your enemy. you invented one out of thin air, and now i`m unbanned. because you're not special super god moderator. hope you're happy.

one more thing. your lack of understanding/education is not my responsibility.
and-one-more-thing.jpg

Last edited:

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
wow. you really got me pegged. what ever will i do?! oh yeah. banned.

it takes you an average of 5+ minutes to create one account. it takes me 5 seconds to ban each one. so go nuts.

• Haha
Reactions: Ape

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
I used tor, before. I don't know if it still does it but it was changing my ip like every ten seconds when I used it.

yeah, that's how tor works.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Hey Matt, thank you for researching this stuff for all of us and keeping this site secure.

thanks, i'm trying but i have limited resources/knowledge sometimes. im working on getting the website fully https compatible, which will fortunately happen with the new software update in a few weeks.

Ross

Reaction score
Thanks for this! I've always had this tug-of-war with wanting to be very anonymous online and keep any personal information from being tracked/kept by companies, etc and wanting to be known/popular/etc. Laziness and not having any friends seem to be what prevented the former from happening. Anyway...

I knew about some of these things already, others I didn't. I've mostly used Firefox for the past 7 years or so, but I have used Chrome some. In the past I have used plugins for Firefox to make things more private. I have tried TOR before. I think I'll give it a go again.

I've never been sure what VPN to go with.

I've also been wanting to have encrpyted HDD(s) with TrueCrypt, but need to wait until I have another computer of some sort and new drives.

It can be hard to give up popular sites and services. I used to use MSN Messenger a ton. I did make a Facebook account but never used it and deactivated it. I have a Twitter but I haven't used it very much either. I've never really cared for social network sites like them, I've always preferred forums.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads