News & Blogs 9 tips for keeping your internet useage private (infographic)

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
hey everyone, i'm slowly moving away from things like google, facebook, etc, so i came across this infographic that i thought might be useful to some people out there that don't know where to start!

ku-xlarge[1].jpg

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
Love the info, some I already do, some I should do ... BUT KICKING and screaming I love my freaking android. <cries> I was going to let the payment plan run out next year and go back to disposable anyway. So track me mf. :)

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Love the info, some I already do, some I should do ... BUT KICKING and screaming I love my freaking android. <cries> I was going to let the payment plan run out next year and go back to disposable anyway. So track me mf. :)

actually, android phones are the most customizable, so you really have the best chance for privacy if you're willing to flash a custom rom and not install google apps :)

Reactions: dprogram

dprogram

Reaction score
Can't comment for fear of dropping sensitive intel on clearnet. More to come once I'm more secure.

Edit: Yeah I can. Check out this: Orbot download for android or go to this address:

https://www.torproject.org/docs/android.html.en

and then read ALL of it. lol Not really but Orbot is really great too. Especially better if your root your phone. Turn off location services though. =) After install it should be configured properly then you have the deep web right there at your finger tips.

Last edited:
Reactions: Matt Derrick

Weston

Reaction score
This place is badass. +1 Whole thread

If you don't want to root your phone bundle Orweb with Orbot and it is basically the Tor Browser Bundle on Android. Onionland is deep

dprogram

Reaction score
Echo? Hello! hello. hello...hellooo...hellllllloooo

j/k I've got my s3 which is android (which I normally would have never even considered getting were it not for the grrl I was dating at the time). When you first set your phone up use a fake name. An email address that's just for that phone and any apps you install. Do that with Orbot and you are good to go. You can get MUCH more secure with custom settings within your TOR connection if you want. Just avoid the big boys. Anything google and you're handing out your data to one of the biggest and most evil data miners in the world. Ready to drop off your info to the govt at the drop of a hat.

Reactions: Matt Derrick

xxx

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
This thread is kinda funny, guess ya`ll promoting Tor don`t realize squattheplanet has banned as large percent of tor`s IP`s, also, I have some fun gadgets and I keep getting pop up messages telling me this site squattheplanet is trying to collect image data from my computer ???, which would reveal info about the computer I`m on, no worries tho, my gadget sent back a blank canvas

Can't comment for fear of dropping sensitive intel on clearnet. More to come once I'm more secure.[/quote

171.jpg

Last edited:

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
This thread is kinda funny, guess ya`ll promoting Tor don`t realize squattheplanet has banned as large percent of tor`s IP`s, also, I have some fun gadgets and I keep getting pop up messages telling me this site squattheplanet is trying to collect image data from my computer ???, which would reveal info about the computer I`m on, no worries tho, my gadget sent back a blank canvas

171.jpg

StP doesn't collect any data on you or your computer. Could you be more specific on the data the "gadgets" are reporting on? Sounds like malware to me.

xxx

Banned
Reaction score
StP doesn't collect any data on you or your computer. Could you be more specific on the data the "gadgets" are reporting on? Sounds like malware to me.

I`m not that smart, but yeah.
next time I get one Ill screen shot it and look into it more and send It to you, I think I blocked It for good so It might not pop back up,
I thought I had a screen shot of it but I cant find it.

Its not malware from my end, It was for sure this site asking, that I know, also vaguely remember when I sighed up my shit blocked something from Facebook, like someones collecting peoples facebook shit when they sign up for this site, don't know tho I could be wrong, but I do remember blocking something from facebook I just don't fulling understand what it was i blocked.
I`m constantly blocking bullshit on every site, don't really give a shit so I don't look into it that much

Last edited:

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
again, we don't have any connections to facebook. im using the do not track me plugin for firefox, and i can tell you that there is a twitter widget, google analytics, and viglink, and that's it.

it's more likely than not the plugins you are using are misleading you. i recommend using donottrackme, adblock edge, and better privacy. don't use ghostery, it claims to help you avoid tracking but actually reports to tracking companies on better ways to avoid plugins like ghostery/donnottrackme, etc.

oh, on a side note:

guess ya`ll promoting Tor don`t realize squattheplanet has banned as large percent of tor`s IP`s

This couldn't be farther from the truth, not to mention impossible. There are literally hundreds of thousands of TOR exit node IP addresses, and they are constantly changing. It would be extremely difficult to block even 10% of them. There was one incident where someone was using TOR to harass StP (the fact that you brought this up in the first place tells me you might know who this is) and i ended up banning like 10 of his IPs before he gave up.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
oh, a side thought for everyone else: http://prism-break.org

basically breaks down the best operating systems and software that respects your privacy, including android builds for your phone.

xxx

Banned
Reaction score
again, we don't have any connections to facebook. im using the do not track me plugin for firefox, and i can tell you that there is a twitter widget, google analytics, and viglink, and that's it.

it's more likely than not the plugins you are using are misleading you. i recommend using donottrackme, adblock edge, and better privacy. don't use ghostery, it claims to help you avoid tracking but actually reports to tracking companies on better ways to avoid plugins like ghostery/donnottrackme, etc.

This couldn't be farther from the truth, not to mention impossible. There are literally hundreds of thousands of TOR exit node IP addresses, and they are constantly changing. It would be extremely difficult to block even 10% of them. There was one incident where someone was using TOR to harass StP (the fact that you brought this up in the first place tells me you might know who this is) and i ended up banning like 10 of his IPs before he gave up.

lol.... anybody out there, for shits and giggles, go get on tor and try to sign up on this site and bet you get caught up in Matts little spam bot bullshit...You can`t even sign up for this site from behind tor...real talk people.. What? Your site don`t like proxies and throw away emails, that's a shame, stop fronting like your trying to block spam bots??? And if you do manage to get on you`re constantly getting message telling you your IP is banned... If you want to remain anonymous, you`ll have a hard time signing up and staying logged in.. but that should be of no surprize.. Seeing how they want you to drink your sodium fluoride and feel lucky about it

Last edited:

xxx

Banned
Reaction score
Hey xxx, we noticed that you don't have an avatar! An avatar is the little image that appears next to your posts. It doesn't have to be a picture of yourself, it can be anything you want. It'll help other members get to know you a bit better and will make you more approachable! So you should do it! Go here to upload an image:
dafuq-did-i-just-read-meme.jpg

Last edited:

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
lol.... anybody out there, for shits and giggles, go get on tor and try to sign up on this site and bet you get caught up in Matts little spam bot bullshit...You can`t even sign up for this site from behind tor...real talk people.. What? Your site don`t like proxies and throw away emails, that's a shame, stop fronting like your trying to block spam bots??? And if you do manage to get on you`re constantly getting message telling you your IP is banned... If you want to remain anonymous, you`ll have a hard time signing up and staying logged in.. but that should be of no surprize.. Seeing how they want you to drink your sodium fluoride and feel lucky about it

ok buddy, what you're doing now is getting confused between using TOR to view StP and actually registering an account on the website. i have a lot of spam filters (including IP address filters) in place that help keep this a spam bot free place for everyone to enjoy. these filters are run by websites like www.stopforumspam.com, and i have very little control over how those filters are enacted.

So no, it's not the big bad terrible StP trying keep you out :p

there's a world of difference between spam filtering and TOR filtering. Just because you don't know the difference doesn't mean I or anyone else on StP is out to get you.

Last edited:

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads