3 day tactical tailor pack

nobo

Reaction score
wow, for 190 bucks...i just bought a medium alice pack for 25 bucks and i thought it was too expensive! it looks like a solid bag though.

rocksy

Reaction score
i went to my local army navy store, and found sturdy messenger bags. they hold alot, but aren't waterproof. but that's not a problem if you roll your clothes up and put them in ziploc bags.

rocksy

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
bananathrash wrote:
http://www.tacticaltailor.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=253

anyone have one of these or something similar by chance?

its pretty hard to tell from the picture how big it is and measurements in cubic inches isnt helping much.

in short: way too much money for way too little of a pack. also, it seems like it doesn't come with an internal frame. and 2900 cubic centimeters is just kinda average. think of 4900 as a LARGE pack.

if you're gonna buy something in this price range, i highly recommend the deuter line of hiking bags. they're around 75-150 bucks, come with internal frames, etc... and you can probably find one with a detachable day pack.

bananathrash

Reaction score
sorry, i think i should have added i dont have anywhere near that much, i was just curious about them.

i am in need a of a pack though, so thank you, and your input was not wasted.

Bendixontherails

Reaction score
I have to say that I am all in favor of a military pack. whether it's a rucksack, an ALICE pack, or one of the new MOLLE systems, there is a reason the military uses them. they're usually about the cheapest and most durable, in my experience.
I used an ALICE pack for a year, then a german military pack, that was basically the same with no pockets, and this season I'm leavin out with a MOLLE pack. cost me $50, and ought to last at least two years. has a lightweight ballistic plastic frame, and can haul twice the shit i need to carry.

good luck, and stay safe.

Lint

Reaction score
Widerstand, that is an old thru-hiker trick with the trash compacter bags (which works very well, BTW). You must be a Triple Crowner!

I got one of those Swiss rubberized army packs for $20 after I accidentally burned my old canvas travelin' bag to a crisp. The rubber makes it very waterproof and tough as nails, but it is a tad small. Probally around 2000 cubic inches. For fast and light summer trips, it works well, but for anything else I'd want more capacity. Got mine off of Craigslist from some tweeker. One of these days I'm gonna sew myself the perfect traveling pack...

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads