17 year old girl in nj and i need to get out

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
my general advice would be to stick it out until you graduate high school, but in the meantime plan your escape every day and read stuff here and elsewhere on the net to get inspiration. that way when you're ready to leave, you'll know exactly where you want to go and how you're going to get there.

Mankini

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
while this might be completely fine and dandy for you, i really dont think you should be recommending it to other people. The education system is fucked up and, in theory what you're saying definitely is a good way to go. However, you need to acknowledge that we live in society where without a high school diploma, you're pretty much fucked if you decide you want to be an active part of society. I've seen it happen a ton, where people dip out of high school because they want to travel and live a nomadic life, do it for a few years and then decide its not really what they want to do for the rest of their lives and then end up pretty fucked over when trying to get a decent job where they can actually support themselves. So yeah, dropping out of school in the third grade may have worked for you, but don't go around telling everyone to drop out of school because in the long run, it's best to just finish it. If shes 17 this is probably her last year, don't throw all that shit away.

the problem with schools is that theyre not created equal. Some are full of gangs, violence, bullies, and shitty curriculum/teachers.

others are well funded and designed as 'prep' schools, with IB diplomas and 99% of the graduates attending universities.

So, much depends on which of these schools the OP is at. Big cities have a wide range of HS options, since there are, obviously, a wide range of kids. If OP is stuck in Pooterville USA, i'd recommend she gtfo.

Reactions: salxtina

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads