Young , considering travelling

Trip Gotti

Reaction score
Yo, I'm Trip, I'm new here And I live just outside of Columbus Ohio. I go by gender neutral pronouns but it's ok if you call me by female pronouns too. I'm young but I'd prefer not to share my age. I've been seriously considering travel but now more than ever, my home situation is not too good. I have several health issues but i'm able to take care of them pretty well. They don't require regular trips to the doctor or anything like that. I was sort of in a relationship with someone, but he got into some trouble and it really upset me because I haven't seen him or talked to him since that, and I want to put all that behind me. I currently don't even have a phone, I have 2 ipods that sometimes won't function properly. This means I can only talk to people through various messaging apps when i am lucky enough to be around wifi. I just found out about these forums through a friend and they looked welcoming to me, and hey here I am. Seems like a cool forum, thought i would try it out....

D

Deleted member 20

Welcome, please live vicariously through others misery out there on the road. While you are in the considering phase please read all the threads via the search function, read the Terms & Rules & the Stickies. I think I speak for most Mods/Admins & elder statesmen that have gone the whole teenage runaway route or have teenage kids of their own but also knowing better than most parents the gritty reality of traveling. I cant stress how important thorough research & waiting to leave until you are of legal age & emotionally ready. You may notice that some of us are still not emotionally ready but there really is no way to turn back the clock & start over, despite all of our wishes to do so. I think with maturity you learn to pick your fights to be true to yourself but also to consider family members feelings & how to avoid getting in trouble with authorities. Hopefully you can be part of our online community while you are waiting until you are ready. There is lots to learn about all subjects here, most challenge the conventional 9-5 wage slave lifestyle. Most of us realize that there is no utopia; the grass aint always greener on the other side but if you exist in the fringes between both sides, maybe you will be lucky to view the greener side from a distance once in awhile.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads