You Can't Win by Jack Black - great hobo read.

West

Squatter Fodder
Reaction score
Jack Black, a reformed yegg who spent his life tramping America as a burglar/safecracker in the age of the Old West bum wrote an autobiography called "You Can't Win". It's a sobering and honest story full of amazing historical tidbits about what jail, the rails, cops, burgling was like in the early 1900s. He was deeply involved in a community of thugs, cheats, robbers, and ne'er-do-wells that existed alongside the classic migrant worker hobo... Super great read; I'm not finished with it yet but i's one of the best traveler books I've read. Y'all should check it out.

It's not on any torrent I could find. Digital copies are $2... I am trying to find a way to rip it and upload it here but I may have to screenshot the whole thing and reformat it which is a shitload of work on this tablet.

Reactions: skillpore

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
OK so I had to google "yegg". hehe - ths does sound like an interesting book. Will see if the library has it. I'm so old school - I have to have paper in front of me to do a intense read. hehe sucks at work too - I need to print it out ;)

Reactions: West

West

Squatter Fodder
Reaction score
This is my first time reading a full-length book on a screen actually! Hurts my eyes after a while but its cheap :'/ bah I'm a sell-out

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
Yeah lol - I wear some pretty strong contacts - nearsighted - so dam I'm like blind when I don't have them in and even if they are in - I cannot read anything at all so I have reading glasses (like lots of them - always losing them - have them pretty much sprinkled around the house, couple pairs at work - and so on the computer I have to wear them And after a while get a headache and have to takem off. I don't last long reading on screen - wish I could as I've had people try to by me a kindle - which would be nice - lightweight and not a big bulky book. Ah well. :) Thanks for the reading suggestion.

Odin

ANTISOLIPSIST
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com

kerouac

Reaction score
yeah this book is the shit!
there are paper copies in circulation, i'm not sure how common they are but i know they carry it at a little bookstore here in montreal

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads