You can waste a bit of time by reading this | Squat the Planet

You can waste a bit of time by reading this

Schnitzel

Reaction score
Hello to whoever reads this!
My name is Tom and I stumbled across this community by coincidence. I would consider myself as an urban explorer, traveller and photographer who does, in some peoples point of view, alot of crazy stuff without any plans.
I like things to be spontaneous 'cause then you never know what to expect on your adventures.

Sometimes, I talk pretty much but for me it's quite difficult to introduce myself. This is why I just mention some stuff I did so you can somehow imagine what kind of person I am:
- sleeping at weird locations like a skatepark, a construction vehicle, beach chairs or anything else which looks a bit comfortable
- biking over 700km with a fixed gear bike and just riding the last 300km non-stop because I was to lazy to set up my tent
- hiking up mountains and feeling great
- I don't know anything else, writing all of this above already took me 30 mins...

Just recently I got into all this traveling stuff and I am not that experienced yet. This is why I really like such communitys because there are many things to learn and you get a bit inspired.
The main reason I like this "hobo" or "vagabond" way of getting around, don't know how to call it, is because I'm very thrifty and hate spending too much money for something.
For instance in August 2021 I went on a trip through Europe and tried hitchhiking for the first time. It let many great impressions, had the aim to pay nothing for accommodation and spent very little money on food.
Cookies, chocolate bars or other cheap stuff you can find at Aldi aren't a proper meal but it worked for me, might consider dumster diving the next time :D

Anyway, this is a confusing introduction and you still not really know who I am but better than nothing.

Attachments

• d2c76ee4-3471-49b6-8468-d24a8f86b7a1.jpg
    d2c76ee4-3471-49b6-8468-d24a8f86b7a1.jpg
    349.9 KB · Views: 164

RoadFlower33

Born Wild
StP Supporter
Reaction score
Welcome then. Your English is pretty good man. I'm a dumb American and only partly know my own language.

Reactions: Schnitzel

RoadFlower33

Born Wild
StP Supporter
Reaction score
same, i took spanish in school and never paid atention... but i learned some in jail still cant order a beer proper either. have you ever been to usa? do you want to? i am stuck in america because i owe money to child saport. so no passport for me, ever. sad face.

Schnitzel

Reaction score
same, i took spanish in school and never paid atention... but i learned some in jail still cant order a beer proper either. have you ever been to usa? do you want to? i am stuck in america because i owe money to child saport. so no passport for me, ever. sad face.
"Una cerveza por favor"
Might visit the USA someday but I don't know when and where I should go there.
Do you see your child regularly or did it end in some pain in the ass lawsuit? 'Cause I now cases where the farther has to pay child support while he is not able to see his child that often
You got no passport cause you end up in jail or what's the reason?
I'm just a bit curious

RoadFlower33

Born Wild
StP Supporter
Reaction score
Case ended without me being able to fight anything as 'm broke and our system is fucked. I am saposed to be able to see her, but I'm kept from her by her mother and controlling step dad. idk why. Was never given a reason and cant afford to fight it. My passport is on hold for the same reason. I fell behind on child saport because first I was not told I had child saport for the first 5 years. Then all at once I owed 5 years of back saport and monthly saport as well. So I have never been able to catch up. On top of that work and society make it hard to continue to keep all the Bill's paid so I fall more behind. I owe $16,000 right now. And just got a letter in the mail that there is a case being opened on another child that might be mine that is now 13 years old. The letter says they are going to court order a DNA test for the child to see if it is mine. Even though I was told I was not allowed to have anything to do with them by the law 13 years ago... now they want to know if the kid is mine after 13 years, prison probation , counseling and therapy... now they want to know so they can charge me for 13 years of back money's .... so not saying I'm never leaving America, I'm just not leaving legally. I wish I could be a dad bro. It hurts. To be kept from your own blood and not have the ability fight for her because money.

If I were to visit America I would stay west coast. West is where all the love is. East coast are fucking rude. Idaho has more mountians and wilderness than anywhere here accept Alaska . Arizona, new Mexico, Wyoming, Montana, idaho, Washington, Oregon and California are all good states and super beautiful wide open wilderness all around.

• Wow
Reactions: Schnitzel

Schnitzel

Reaction score
Fuck man...
Life can be so fucked and unfair sometimes and you just got the most shit.
I don't understand why people got such an attitude and don't care about the wellbeing of others. I fully understand how exhausting such a process can be and how it affects your mental health.
Did you tried to declare personal bankruptcy? Some people did this because they owed big companies money but I don't know if it's possible in case of child support.
You still got much of your life infront of you and all this hassle really affects your future. Rethink your future actions and deal with the past. You can't change the past, it's already written, but you can change your future with the right actions. Maybe fight for your kid or change your name to Carlos and open up a farm in Mexico (don't take this too serious tho), it's up to you.
Unfortunately I can't really help you but best wishes dude!

• Agree
Reactions: RoadFlower33

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads