yo

Exigency

Reaction score
Newbie to StP, it seems like the perfect place for me to get started. For one, I want to start hitchhiking and I want to start as soon as possible. However, I'm not stupid enough to just leave, or maybe I should say i'm not brave enough. Either way I thought it would be a good idea to find a place where I can get some helpful information to guide my journey. StP seems to fit that need. The intro forum thread said I should post an introduction, you know introducing myself... so here it is. Hopefully I can find some tips on here to figure out how to live on the road, with no cash, without getting killed. I really need to just start traveling, find myself, make some memories.

Zaphod

Reaction score
The hardest thing imo is realizing that there are really no instructions or how to's; just advice and your own ingenuity. Once you have gear all you really need is food and water. That's easy enough to come by, especially if you don't have dietary restrictions. I went hungry a few times on the road, but it was mostly out of a stubborn commitment to a vegan diet

Other than that, basically just avoid the cops as much as possible.

I promise it's not as hard or as scary as people participating in mainstream society want you to believe. In my mind, it's WAY easier than working your life away for some bourgeoisie asshole

Reactions: wndrlstkng

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads