Yellowstoner - First Post!

Mark Allen

Reaction score
Good... morning?
My name is Mark, I've been lurking for so long, but... now I'm finally a member. I've backpacked through mostly Colorado and California, as well as live in Yellowstone as a park employee every summer! Figured I'd introduce myself! Glad to finally be able to post!

Reactions: Multifaceted

Applelatchun

Reaction score
Good Morning and welcome Mark! This site has lots of great reads and info. While I have been through Wyoming and Montana several times, I have yet to see Yellowstone. It's on my list for sure. Maybe you can give us all an employee's perspective on what to expect when rolling through by thumb. How's tent/tarp camping? Must I pay money? Can I legally build a fire off the beaten path? Anyhow, cheers to you!

Multifaceted

Reaction score
You're living my mother's dream! I'll have to ask her if she has any questions for a Yellowstone park employee. I'm sure she will..

What do you do when you're not working there? What do you plan on doing in the future? Are you going to continue with the job in the summer or are you thinking of taking a longer journey this year?

Billy Cougar White

Reaction score
Welcome to StP. I'd ld like to come to Yellowstone someday. Its on my cross border list. Be sure to share some stories of your travels in the section for it

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads