Writing a short story, have some questions for anyone who has sold artwork on the streets. | Squat the Planet

Writing a short story, have some questions for anyone who has sold artwork on the streets.

Tony Pro

Reaction score
Website
gavincwillow.wordpress.com
The story is about an artist who makes a living selling portraits on the street. I have zero firsthand experience with this lifestyle so it's hard to write about. So if you've ever sold jewelry, art, anything to support yourself, I just have one question: what are some everyday struggles/experiences/small triumphs that street artists encounter, which outsiders wouldn't think about?
Thanks.

Desperado Deluxe

Reaction score
Its kinda hard to put your finger on. One very large struggle is finding the time and space to make and sell your art. Sometimes just selling one piece of to make enough to get more supplies when your running out and your art is suffering because of it. Its a struggle because your art isn't turning out the way you want it thus making it harder to sell.

I find that I'm hypercritical of my work. I don't make art just to make mone I make it because I like to make beautiful things but you gotta sell it to get more stuff. Finding the right price to sell it can be a challenge. If its too expensive people won't buy it right away and you'll be stuck holding onto it longer. If its cheaper you feel like your being cheated sometimes.

I make jewelry by the way that's my jam. Ill see if I can think of some more stuff and if you have a more specific question feel free to ask.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$0.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads