Wool Cloaks (1 Viewer)

Rune

Hometown
Montgomery, AL
Website
starberryghost.wixsite.com
Just wondering if theres any interest in wool cloaks for the people that will spend a lot of time out in the wilderness.
If so, Ive got a how-to book on wool cloaks and Id like to start selling these cloaks at the most reasonable price I am able to sell them at.. Ill even keep you guys updated to what the materials cost and how much I actually ask for the work Ive done and time Ive put in. Im only going to sell them after they are made, so supply will likely be first c'ome, fi'rst serve. Helpers for this project are welcomed with open arms.

You can wear it in the rain and still stay warm, stay stylish [for the nerds out there.. :p], and use it as a blanket, pad for sleeping on the ground, emergency shelter, and probably other things.

I should probably add this is a long-term goal of a project. I am not versed in making any kind of garment just yet, much less something as complicated of a material as wool.

for the DIYers. I wish I had known about this resource before I bought the pattern on Amazon.. although the cloaks I will make should be excellent for Renn-faires and time-period re-inactments.

Last edited:
We sell all kinds of other stuff in our Etsy store!

dumpsternavel

Wanderer
Hometown
Fuck Off Land
Website
m.soundcloud.com
Wool cloaks are the way to go.
I've seen many since familiarizing myself with WA, and the people that dwell here.
My partner has a nice wool blanket he throws around his shoulders and secures with a giant safety pin near his upper chest.

I've seen others scored at Goodwill outlet for hella cheap.

r3yn

Hometown
China / Canada
I was thinking about getting a wool travel cloak. My only issue is that they are not inconspicuous in the urban jungle.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
wildwerden Sleeping Bags & Bed Rolls 12
stryk3 Clothing 2
outskirts Clothing 2
jeffyDee Clothing 14
naturegirl84 Sleeping Bags & Bed Rolls 25

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$150.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $50.00 of $50.00 - reached!
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $75.00 of $75.00 - reached!
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully his will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $100.00 of $100.00 - reached!
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $150.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.

Latest Status Updates

Free punk show HAAM benefit at BuzzSaw tonight 7pm in Austin!
Much nicer riding weather today! Howdy, Austin! I'll be around a few days I think, trying to get new tires on the motorbike before I move on.
Im in the bay headed to reno tonight, had a good week with good people and good miles. The tehachapi loop gets prettier every time.
Best part of unexpected kindness - (drum roll)
IT'S UNEXPECTED
Got to Beaumont. Fucking brrr, man. Someone remind me again what just what the hell am I doing in Texas?
leptospirosis--- possum piss in the water! feel awful! this is what killed lincons mum!! be careful of yoru water playmates!!!
Omg this shit happened again :( my love is back behide bars :( what can I do 2 make the most of the time I have now???
Heading Southwest tomorrow. Hoping to make the Sam Houston National Forest by nightfall. Gonna be a long day of riding...
tucson to phoenix? trying to pick kids up. i wanna see how many hippies fit in a dodge caravan
SteveO85 wrote on Ponyriderijk's profile.
What up dude?Just trying to find similar people with similar views in the area...

Members online