Window covers

Shoom

Reaction score
Since tint laws vary too widely, I'm looking for an alternative. What do you all use for your set-up? Cheap/creative suggestions for a midsize sedan? Something for the four side windows especially.

dprogram

Reaction score
I used static tint once and it'd be good if you needed to be able to remove it and put it back up easily (fairly)

WindWalker1970

Reaction score
Black towels and velcro at walmart does wonders and can be taken down in the daytime.

PlasticSturgeon

Reaction score
I used cardboard and newspaper for a little bit, but that was a pain in the ass to put up/take down. I ended up making some curtains and stringing them up with some old clothes line. That way they're always there, but if you need to move your carhouse you can just slide them aside.
I guess it depends on the size of your vehicle, but it really doesn't take much fabric. You can usually find solid prints for as cheap as 2-3 bucks, then you can just hand sew it if you don't have access to a sewing machine.
I got lucky and found some insanely inexpensive pink fabric covered in odd looking bunny rabbits and melting carrots, that was apparently leftover from Easter time. Still confused as to how that never sold out...

dprogram

Reaction score
On my van I cut insulation board and painted it black...the fit is so tight it just pushes into the window sill with no attachments...easy to remove for driving and totally private at night.

Reactions: Matt Derrick

ByronMc

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com

ByronMc

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
and you'll feel like you have your place,wrapped in "Tin Foil"...............lol

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads