Which is better? Using your phone as a modem or a Mobile Hotspot? | Squat the Planet

Which is better? Using your phone as a modem or a Mobile Hotspot?

wizehop

Chasing the Darkness
Reaction score
Keep in mind phone Internet tends to be more expensive, where as if you can score free wifi your golden.

Reactions: Mankini

Mankini

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
Very true. I was thinking of getting up high enough in the mountains that I don't have to worry about my camp getting discovered; but still close enough to town that I still have cell service. Then a mobile hotspot would allow me to stay in camp and work rather than having to hike into town for free wifi.

Andrea Van Scoyoc

Nomad Missionary & Tree Hugging Jesus Freak
Reaction score
I'm with Cricket, so I get unlimited everything for $35 a month.

Small price, considering that I no longer use my laptop or tablet.

I like quick and convenient and my phone, is both.

I can turn my WiFi on and off at will, so if I'm someplace that has free WiFi, I'll turn off my phone WiFi so I can save on data usage.

I pay $35 no matter what, no roaming, overages or anything else, my phone just slows down if I'm close to my usage limit, per month.

Good luck!

Durp

Reaction score
Verizon is the only path for you I am afraid if you want to work in the mtns. I get 10gb a month for $80 which is all sucked up by my programming courses. Its pricey, but I get blazing fast useable service literally everywhere. If you have deadlines that must be kept, in my mind its the only real option. If your computer takes a shit tho (what I'm dealing with) having a bill may make it near Impossible to afford another working pc. Idk what your budget constraints are. I am finishing off paying some debt I was dumb enough to get trapped in (classes, internet, and someone thought it was a good idea to give me a credit card, which has been fully emptied then cut to pieces.)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads