what's good y'all

Current Location
philly
Reactions
72% 0% 28%
Hey what's up everybody, been living in philly for a few years. dead end 9-5 is nice so far as having a roof over my head and being able to save a bit but getting old. Most likely gonna be on the site reading up on gear etc., and planning a couple real short trips to test things out while i think about what's next--done some hitching through canada down the mid-atlantic and spent some time with my sister at grow heathrow in the U.K. but never really been on the road for long enough to need it.

Not too sure why I want to go in the first place. If anything you'd think growing up with gutter punk friends, going to watch them catch out as a sendoff, then seeing them come back months later all fucked up would be at least a mild deterrant. Anyway, until I have a question or could use an opinion on something that's not been beaten to death already on here I'll be lurking around--safe travels everyone!

P.S. if i get a chance to root around on my computer later I have a few pics from grow heathrow i'll post. great outdoor squat. wish them the best in their ongoing legal battle with the landowner.

Tadaa

Wanderer
Current Location
Tallinn, Estonia
Reactions
94% 0% 6%
Welcome here .

And just saying. You dont have to come back all fucked up after a few months. Totally fine to enjoy the road in a positive way, see the world and meet people and grow as a person.

OmFish

Wanderer
Current Location
Newtown, Sydney, NSW, AUS
Reactions
98% 1% 1%
Yah honestly what you get out of travel is mostly your mentality, how you handle life on the road and what you expect to get out of it. I travel stateside and international and yes, shit happens sometimes u find urself down on ur luck but it's all about keepin your wits, making smart decisions and if it's just perspective or a change of pace ur looking for, remember that and don't get caught up in other ppls bullshit & choose ur company wisely. that's how u end up coming back in a few months all fucked up haha at least in my experience. I spent my childhood in Philly and I go back sometimes but seeing my friends who never left makes me really remember why I did.

Current Location
Memphis
Reactions
100% 0% 0%
Yah honestly what you get out of travel is mostly your mentality, how you handle life on the road and what you expect to get out of it. I travel stateside and international and yes, shit happens sometimes u find urself down on ur luck but it's all about keepin your wits, making smart decisions and if it's just perspective or a change of pace ur looking for, remember that and don't get caught up in other ppls bullshit & choose ur company wisely. that's how u end up coming back in a few months all fucked up haha at least in my experience. I spent my childhood in Philly and I go back sometimes but seeing my friends who never left makes me really remember why I did.
Sorry i meant to press the green checkmark. The screens too small. Beautifully worded. Hope to see you in nola. Its a party. Cant wait to find the witchcraft. Sorry ill try and change it somehow

OP
OP
star el
Current Location
philly
Reactions
72% 0% 28%
Yeah, as I've gotten around more and met more people doing their own thing, living their truth, etc. I've come to the same realization that it's all what you make of it. Even if that's just slapping the bag and beating the brakes off each other over some dumb shit (not what i'm into at all but whatever floats your boat i guess). Who knows, maybe when I head back to the midwest in a couple months I'll run into some of my old pals and see what's new. Thanks for the kind words all.

OmFish

Wanderer
Current Location
Newtown, Sydney, NSW, AUS
Reactions
98% 1% 1%
Sorry i meant to press the green checkmark. The screens too small. Beautifully worded. Hope to see you in nola. Its a party. Cant wait to find the witchcraft. Sorry ill try and change it somehow
Yah man I hear NOLA is a wicked good time around Halloween!!

Current Location
Memphis
Reactions
100% 0% 0%
My original homies had the plan and shit happened and im solo for now, but im still goin with it!! Gonna go see that witchcraft.lol. been to nola three times already this year and finna be four. Im doin some decent work right now so i can get us a couple bottles and some decent foods to cook for the fesrivities. Ill splurge for this day of celebration, fuck it. It always comes back around. Plus. Theres gonna be hard work and love and bliss and frusttation when normal travel resumes.

Where ya at now?

Current Location
Cincinnati ,OH
Reactions
99% 0% 1%
My original homies had the plan and shit happened and im solo for now, but im still goin with it!! Gonna go see that witchcraft.lol. been to nola three times already this year and finna be four. Im doin some decent work right now so i can get us a couple bottles and some decent foods to cook for the fesrivities. Ill splurge for this day of celebration, fuck it. It always comes back around. Plus. Theres gonna be hard work and love and bliss and frusttation when normal travel resumes.

Where ya at now?
dude I came up on some day work today, so I'll have cash to spend at NOLA. we should create our own sorta mini jamboree in nola for all the kids that didn't make it to slabs!
I could contribute some bottles and some foods prolly!

Current Location
Memphis
Reactions
100% 0% 0%
Auxillary jamboree. Can we get this posted somewhere as an event. Ill get a loudspeak3r lol. We can pass it around and vent.

Current Location
Cincinnati ,OH
Reactions
99% 0% 1%
Auxillary jamboree. Can we get this posted somewhere as an event. Ill get a loudspeak3r lol. We can pass it around and vent.
I just created a thread in the meet up section, see if we can get some following there. and get schwill