What was the kindest thing that anyone did for you during one of your trips?

maxiyou

Black_Eyes
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
My moment was in Switzerland.

It's mid January 2020 and all of my focus is laid on free solo attempting Mont Blanc in wintertime. But first I need to get there.
Bumming hitchhiker from town to town, all geared up in winter alpine gear.

Just around Lozanne, a black, square Jeep pulled up with an old (but full of life) gentleman.
The only weird thing was that he was driving the opposite direction.
Then he starts asking me questions in clay English where I am heading to, where I come from, what are my plans in general.

He keeps asking me if I am hungry - like he clearly wanted to force me to say "I am so down on glucose in my blood that I would go on rampage scratching paint from your truck and then I would digest it easily; only if you allow me to do so".
So I said yes I am hungry.

He asked me to jump in his car and we cruised a couple dozen meters, just to stop at interesting and fancy place - a building enriched by stone sculptures, overall giving vibe of mediterranean restaurant that pays tribute to ancient Greek and Roman culture (with modern twist).

Then he said (but less fancy, more primitive English):
"It's my restaurant and I am honored to host you there. I pay big respect to your kind of people. Please feel like it's your home for now"

As a warm up, I got to deal with starter homemade veggie soup, with warm and fresh rolls and creamy butter.
Then I was attacked with chicken legs in interesting sauce, with potatoes and veggies. I was doing my best to eat everything, but my limit was about to get reached.an

Then... A finisher of finishers. A full BOWL (probably 1l) of chocolate pudding 🍮. Oh my god. My honest impression. I managed to battle it with couple of bites but then I had to give up.

I thanked the gentleman so much, but he would listen too much. He gave me some sweets and he managed to organize a lift for me, to the next town, after talking with one of his clients (from one of the tables).

At the time, I was kinda selfish and I wasn't keen to help others... After that I slowly regenerated and started doing nice deeds to others. Just after one situation.

Conclusion:
We can show others our love and how we manifest it in the world around us. Do something unexpected, and you have a chance of changing someone's heart forever. We don't need to repay every favor to every person that helped us. It's good enough if we pass the goodness to the next life being on our way. Sometimes it's better. You never now.

I would love to hear some of your stories ^^

Dogwater

Reaction score
My moment was in Switzerland.

It's mid January 2020 and all of my focus is laid on free solo attempting Mont Blanc in wintertime. But first I need to get there.
Bumming hitchhiker from town to town, all geared up in winter alpine gear.

Just around Lozanne, a black, square Jeep pulled up with an old (but full of life) gentleman.
The only weird thing was that he was driving the opposite direction.
Then he starts asking me questions in clay English where I am heading to, where I come from, what are my plans in general.

He keeps asking me if I am hungry - like he clearly wanted to force me to say "I am so down on glucose in my blood that I would go on rampage scratching paint from your truck and then I would digest it easily; only if you allow me to do so".
So I said yes I am hungry.

He asked me to jump in his car and we cruised a couple dozen meters, just to stop at interesting and fancy place - a building enriched by stone sculptures, overall giving vibe of mediterranean restaurant that pays tribute to ancient Greek and Roman culture (with modern twist).

Then he said (but less fancy, more primitive English):
"It's my restaurant and I am honored to host you there. I pay big respect to your kind of people. Please feel like it's your home for now"

As a warm up, I got to deal with starter homemade veggie soup, with warm and fresh rolls and creamy butter.
Then I was attacked with chicken legs in interesting sauce, with potatoes and veggies. I was doing my best to eat everything, but my limit was about to get reached.an

Then... A finisher of finishers. A full BOWL (probably 1l) of chocolate pudding 🍮. Oh my god. My honest impression. I managed to battle it with couple of bites but then I had to give up.

I thanked the gentleman so much, but he would listen too much. He gave me some sweets and he managed to organize a lift for me, to the next town, after talking with one of his clients (from one of the tables).

At the time, I was kinda selfish and I wasn't keen to help others... After that I slowly regenerated and started doing nice deeds to others. Just after one situation.

Conclusion:
We can show others our love and how we manifest it in the world around us. Do something unexpected, and you have a chance of changing someone's heart forever. We don't need to repay every favor to every person that helped us. It's good enough if we pass the goodness to the next life being on our way. Sometimes it's better. You never now.

I would love to hear some of your stories ^^

An older beautiful women south of Blacksburg VA. I was flying a sign "ChooChoo traveler looking for work" dropped me a 50, talked with me about her life as an Opiate addict. She left after a well needed compassionate talk. Returned 30min later with a brand new 60liter rucksack and a hot meal.

2nd was in Illinois. I missed my hop out of Elkhart by about an hour, was pretty bummed out charging my batts up at a country cabin restaurant around 1am. Car pulls up after circling the restaurant twice. Was fully expecting to get bounced. Instead the beautiful soul of a woman offered to make me a sandwich. She and her husband went into the restaurant and made me 2 sandwiches wrapped for the train ride a box of homemade kettle chips.Then the husband comes out with a Togo box of hot homemade chicken and dumplings. They told me they see us riders quite often and gave me a prayer. Not that I'm religious at all but I really did appreciate the hospitality and care they gave to a dirty train Hopping stranger. Positive energy is positive energy ✌️💚

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads