What up STP!!! Just another introduction... | Squat the Planet

What up STP!!! Just another introduction...

4dubz

Reaction score
Website
www.soundcloud.com
How's everyone's night going? I'm currently at my second job scrolling through the forums and soaking up game from all you true travelers. You see, a couple of weeks ago, I went hitchking up the PCH after calling out of work one Friday morning (gimme my sick pay). I barely made it to Goleta from Malibu in 3 days but the sense of freedom I felt when I hit the open road took my mind further than any miles I could have covered.

Now, I can't stop thinking about leaving my soul sucking office job as well as this second job I got in order to travel the world. After 30 years on Earth, I'm done wasting my life making money for the corporate machine. I'm planning on working just a little more to save some money for travel then I'm gone.

Thank you to every one on here for the inspiration and massive amount of information. Hope y'all have a good night!

Koala

sleeps 22 hours a day, eats chutes and leaves
Reaction score
Website
ciggybuttbrain.wordpress.com
Dude hell yeah so glad you took those days to go hitching! Welcome! You're in the right place! Traveling is the best thing I have ever done, and continue to do.

Feel free to post some stories and photos from your hitch if you'd like, we here would love to read them/ see them!

Reactions: 4dubz

Crazy Hobo Johnny

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Welcome Aboard t StP 4dubz!!!

I like your picture.

Know what you mean wasting your life working, same here. Hopefully it will end so I can take off for good! Just some patience I need and I will get there!

Again, welcome to the community!

4dubz

Reaction score
Website
www.soundcloud.com
Welcome Aboard t StP 4dubz!!!

I like your picture.

Know what you mean wasting your life working, same here. Hopefully it will end so I can take off for good! Just some patience I need and I will get there!

Again, welcome to the community!
Thank you! I got to the point where everything seemed so mundane and gray. It felt like groundhog day (same shit over and over). When I went on this hitchking mission, I experienced pure feelings of joy which reanimated me instantly. I don't think we're meant to be stagnant all of our lives living in a box. Our ancient anscestors have been traveling for 1000's of years, it's part of our human nature. I will no longer fight this natural instinct.

D

Deleted member 8978

Welcome to our place! There's quite a handful to learn about, and the more you read the important stuff we provide, the more you'll be aware of your surroundings and the resources available around you.

Fuzzypeach

Burrito fund contributor
StP Supporter
Reaction score
Welcome aboard. Babylon sucks. So does working for the man. It used to be somewhat tolerable decades ago. Now it's fighting for economic survival especially with all the gentrification going on. The more people that say fuck that, the better off we will all be. Best wishes for your new direction in life.

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
Cool shit! Welcome and congrats! and yeah I will continue to work for the man till they kick me out due to old age hehe - however if you are planning on your trip that is cool and we have the research here for you. I wish I could drop and go but I have too much now so I am small trips. Good luck planning (always the fun part for me!) and have fun!

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads